anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments  (Read 47365 times)

e777

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox Real-Time Network - Comments
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2009, 03:34:26 PM »
I agree with Frank and Ian's posts. In my view and for what I use RB for, I don't see any point for real-time data on aircraft that are hundreds of miles away. My antenna can pick up transmitting aircraft that I can see flying overhead and beyond in real-time anyway.
If there is a particular aircraft I want to see, I still have to wait for it before I can actually see it outside as RB has already picked it up! A 5 min delay does not make a big difference to me.
I'm still trying to figure out the advantages of having real-time data on aircraft we can't even see - suggestions are welcome.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2009, 04:17:18 PM »
We are still preparing a detailed answer to all of the questions on this thread.

"In my view and for what I use RB for, I don't see any point for real-time data on aircraft that are hundreds of miles away."

Go to liveatc.net, tune to any airport where RadarBox has coverage and you will see the difference. Also try the live network together with heathrowcam.net , looks amazing!

Fenris

« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »
I agree with Frank and Ian's posts. In my view and for what I use RB for, I don't see any point for real-time data on aircraft that are hundreds of miles away. My antenna can pick up transmitting aircraft that I can see flying overhead and beyond in real-time anyway.
If there is a particular aircraft I want to see, I still have to wait for it before I can actually see it outside as RB has already picked it up! A 5 min delay does not make a big difference to me.
I'm still trying to figure out the advantages of having real-time data on aircraft we can't even see - suggestions are welcome.

Easy.

1) It represents reality, not a distortion of it. Truth and accuracy is always to be preferred.

2) It makes your map behave correctly when an aircraft comes into local range or departs from it, no strange jumping of the aircraft position.

3) If you happened to be listening to the ATC audio from an airport abroad, it then matches up with what you see on the screen.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »

Easy.

1) It represents reality, not a distortion of it. Truth and accuracy is always to be preferred.

2) It makes your map behave correctly when an aircraft comes into local range or departs from it, no strange jumping of the aircraft position.

3) If you happened to be listening to the ATC audio from an airport abroad, it then matches up with what you see on the screen.

I remember doing a selling course many years ago where the difference between features, advantages and benefits was explained.

What you have just described are features - whether they represent advantages/benefits is purely in the eye of the beholder, and clearly e777 doesn't think so, although many others would.

Horses for courses.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2009, 04:37:31 PM »
To keep topics organized, please continue the discussion on the thread below:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3494.new#new