AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Version 3. whatever  (Read 5326 times)

FlightChaser

Version 3. whatever
« on: September 18, 2009, 04:10:15 AM »
Is it ever going to be launched? At least release a patched version that sorts out the network problems some of us pay for! I'm losing faith in Airnav despite the promise of software updates. 3rd party developers seem to come up with the goods on other hardware it seems!

FlightChaser

Re: Version 3. whatever
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 04:17:59 AM »
And don't say you can go back to V 2. We all know that v3 whatever decodes more flights.  I can view more local flights but the network flights, which I paid for, are broken!

Deadcalm

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 06:58:41 AM »
It's certainly at least a month since we were promised "It'll be ready on Friday"...

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 08:18:47 AM »
It's certainly at least a month since we were promised "It'll be ready on Friday"...

And at least 20 versions that the beta test team have tested.  Do you want ALL the bugs fixed or not?!   I get the impression that this time Airnav really want to get all issues sorted before release, which is the right approach in my opinion.  The beta test team are doing a great job in tracking down all those last remaining bugs that need fixing.

If you really need the network, then use the production release (v2).  v3 is a BETA.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:22:01 AM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »
It is in closed beta testing. We have about 20 customers who are regular forum users testing it who can vouch for this. We will NOT release untill they are happy otherwise bugs will not be caught and we will be in the same situtaion after a few weeks.

We have released lots of updates since we have started on RB so don't loose faith, we are just making sure we have ironed out all the bugs.

I am sure some of the closed beta testers can explain this is not always easy when certain bugs only occur in certain setups under certain configs.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 09:33:38 AM »
Good luck with it. It is perhaps a shame that you indicated that it was about to be released a few weeks ago.
Are you prepared to indicate when you will release the next version? You surely have have a deadline of some sort otherwise you will hang on for your Beta testers for ever.
With patience.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 09:36:07 AM »
Once it clears beta testing it will be released, we cannot put a date on it.

At the moment we are down to the last bugs.
[email protected]

EMA

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 09:38:19 AM »
Are you prepared to indicate when you will release the next version?

I expect as soon as ALL the beta testers major issues are resolved and not before.

radarspotter10

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »
Once it clears beta testing it will be released, we cannot put a date on it.

At the moment we are down to the last bugs.
arinav.
not another thread i am sure when airnav is ready it will be released.
maybe airnav should release a new airnav box and forget about the software,
like the opposition is doing,  they have release a new box and the users are tripping over themselves to sell there old ones, just like Celtic do with there new football strip
from pat

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 02:43:47 PM »
>maybe airnav should release a new airnav box and forget about the software,
like the opposition is doing,

That is one thing we will never do at AirNav. We will always have new version and upgrades being released.

Flightchaser: we have been checking your 11 posts to this forum until now and ALL OF THEM focus on negative facts. Please note that we have almost 2500 forum members that don't want/need to log on each day and read your constant and sometimes deliberate frustrations (which are most of them not justified). Simple question: are you also a user of our competitor's product?

bratters

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 02:54:22 PM »

It is perhaps a shame that you indicated that it was about to be released a few weeks ago.

I seem to recall reading in November 2008 on this forum that V2/3?? was due for release date in January 2009. I make that a 9 month delay.

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 03:03:39 PM »
Bratters: V2 was released a few months ago and V3 Beta too. :-)
Maybe you prefer us to act like our competitors without releasing a version for...3 years.

We understand that our users are anxious to have V3 released but as explained by our support we are testing with a closed beta testing group. You will have good news soon.

mjleprix

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 03:44:23 PM »
Posts such as this one are just too annoying to read: once the point has been made, cann't you just close the thread. I certainly don't want to be reading this sort of negative stuff all the time. I browse the forum for interesting, innovative and informative items etc. We have an excellent product and short of being able to zoom in and read the reg what more do you want.
Mike P

GlynH

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »
Flightchaser: we have been checking your 11 posts to this forum until now and ALL OF THEM focus on negative facts. Please note that we have almost 2500 forum members that don't want/need to log on each day and read your constant and sometimes deliberate frustrations (which are most of them not justified). Simple question: are you also a user of our competitor's product?

There you go again.

I find it not only embarrassing but extremely distasteful when you make such comments against someone who has supported you in spending a considerable amount of money on your product.

What difference does it make if he uses a competitors product when he has already purchased yours and is asking RadarBox questions in a RadarBox forum?

Like me I suspect he is frustrated that the software does not do what he wants.

Like most of us here I suspect he would be prepared to wait until the bugs have been ironed out before releasing a Public Beta, RC, final version or 3.x whatever-you-want-to-call-it

Like me I suspect he is frustrated that you persist in posting dates when the new software will be available. I have pointed out on more than one occasion that you should think very hard before posting release dates.

This only serves to dash users hopes when (as is always the case with software release dates and I am not singling you out here as it is an industry-wide disease) the posted comes & goes without so much as a reason why.

Please note that we have almost 2500 forum members that don't want/need to log on each day and read your constant and sometimes deliberate belittling of your customers (which are most of them not justified). Simple question: why do you do continue to do that?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 04:00:55 PM »
Thread is being closed, enough has been said about the Version 3. We are working on it and it is being tested.
[email protected]