anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multiple Monitor support  (Read 1849 times)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Multiple Monitor support
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:55:22 AM »
I realise this is probably too late to be included in the next release, but is it possible to provide better support for multiple monitors in a future release.

I run Radarbox across 2 monitors. The primary is a 22" widescreen and the secondary is a 19". The desktop is extended across both monitors. Radarbox happily runs across both if I manually stretch it across them both, but when it starts normally it only fills up the primary monitor and the radar screen is truncated from view.

Normal operation (WOW - I can't believe I'm receiving data from a plane 523NM away!!)

How radarbox currently starts up - Primary monitor missing radar view on secondary monitor.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:09:50 AM by pjm »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Multiple Monitor support
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »
Radarbox happily runs across both if I manually stretch it across them both, but when it starts normally it only fills up the primary monitor and the radar screen is truncated from view.

I'd also like Radarbox to remember it's window size and position.  It's been asked before, but no harm in asking again.

abrad41

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:14:49 AM »
I also use 2 monitors, I would like detachable windows, so you could have map on one page and aircraft list on the other.

Andy

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 11:42:57 AM »
The ability to have the map window displayed outside the main RB window on a separate monitor would be an amazing plus.  I'd imagine that this is a fairly major programming task and so might appear sometime in the future if it is technically possible.

GlynH

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 08:31:55 AM »
Aahhh...my second favourite subject...don't get me started! :-/

I have been asking for this feature for over a year now and AirNav have promised this will be included.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1099.msg8572#msg8572

I was hoping against hope it would be in v3.0 what with all build-up about amazing features etc.

Still waiting AirNav! ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »
We're in danger of confusing two issues here.  The original post in this thread was asking for Radarbox to be stretched across two monitors ar startup - ie. for Radarbox to remember the window position and size.

Radarbox always starts up as a tiny window that you have to resize.  A very long-standing problem, first reported in Feb-08 - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=448

Why can't Radarbox remember the window size and position (like every other program I use).

Radarbox happily runs across both if I manually stretch it across them both, but when it starts normally it only fills up the primary monitor and the radar screen is truncated from view.

GlynH

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:03:21 AM »
We're in danger of confusing two issues here.  The original post in this thread was asking for Radarbox to be stretched across two monitors ar startup - ie. for Radarbox to remember the window position and size.

And if I'm not mistaken other posts since have asked for detachable windows and the map window being displayed outside the main RB window...

Just well behaved, multiple monitor support would kill two birds with one stone here methinks.

Strange thing here actually Chris is my RB does remember which screen it last started on and what size it was...

Obviously I do not 'stretch' it across both windows so cannot comment on it remembering that position...all I know is it never used to remember even which monitor it opened up on last time until Aleksey incorporated this into a private beta in June this year and so made it into a Beta somewhere along the way as it has worked ever since for me?

I even promised to send him a second monitor FOC so he could build & test multiple monitor functionality! ;^)

As you probably know by now the slightest mention of this particular feature causes me to lose what little semblance of self-control I might posess and then I can't see the wood for the trees...;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:14:13 AM »
Just well behaved, multiple monitor support would kill two birds with one stone here methinks.

Only if RB also remembered the window size/positions ;)  Otherwise you'd still have to move/resize windows around every time you startup RB.

abrad41

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »
tarbat

I only use RB on one monitor, but it always open to the full size of the screen and remember's everything from previous session..

I have two 22" Samsung monitor's and would be nice to be able to have map on one and aircraft list on the other, but hey it's still a fantastic bit of kit on just one.

Andy