AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hunter up again today - but no aircraft type?  (Read 2821 times)

GlynH

Hunter up again today - but no aircraft type?
« on: September 29, 2009, 04:49:46 PM »
Good to see the Hunter up and about again today...thanks Terry.

Quick question though...yesterday when Terry called me to say he had 'seen' the Hunter I opened MyLog and ordered the columns by A/C Type and scrolled down until I saw the type HUNT which was logged against XF995 Hawker Hunter T8B.

Today when Terry told me she was up again I tried the same but no HUNT in the aircraft type.

Thinking about it I had since installed the full version of Beta 3.06 into a new directory and started my database afresh.

Now I have never edited MyLog before to put 'HUNT' in aircraft type and was wondering why it was there yesterday and not today?

Thanks & regards,

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Hunter up again today - but no aircraft type?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »
Editing MyLog is the wrong way to go.  This will only change the historical records of stuff you have picked up in the past..

You need to edit the source database where MyLog looks when it populates the records of what you have picked up - the source database is NavData.db3 edited using Database Explorer.

GlynH

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:40:41 PM »
Thanks for the reply Gary...that's what I meant really <blush>

My point was that HUNT was listed from within MyLog yesterday but today it isn't...

The only change was I installed the full 3.06 Beta - would it be possible for someone else to confirm that HUNT is missing from NavData.db3 in this latest version but present in a previous one?

Database editing is somehting I have never gotten into...despite shelling out for SQLite Maestro...in my book a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »
I'm using my original NavData.db3 from waaay back - copied it across each update (although I don't generally bother copying it from the laptop to the desktop) - and there is no HUNT in the actype table.  Not that this really matters, as the actype table isn't actually used by RB as far as I'm aware.

However, I do have a selection of Hunter records in the aircraft table of NavData.db3.

Have you searched for 43C2EE in MyLog, just to make sure that it isn't hiding?  I've just done this and there is our friend.  There isn't a record in NavData, so the MyLog record isn't populated.

I will now manually add 43C2EE using DataBase Explorer and when I do a MyLog Populate, it should fill in the blanks.

Allocator

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2009, 10:16:55 PM »
That's me sorted :-)

Of course, this might not be a great help to you?