I do like the PCR1500, but I wish that the software interface was more flexible or there was more choice of software to run it.
The Probe software just does so much more - and without the need for a mouse! Just a few things that spring to mind:
- Lightning fast scanning - I set it at 60 to 80 frequencies per second
- On screen history display of the last 20 or so frequencies as they scroll down
- Instant access to scan Bank and Frequencies from the scanning screen
- Instant and easy frequency/Bank and Group setting
- Count of 'hits' and marking of those frequencies in the list
- Copy, move, export of any marked frequencies in the list
- Create a new scan Bank from the marked frequencies
- import and export of csv frequency lists
- Activate recording settings
- Alerts, both audio and visual
and so the list goes on ...... and on!
If I could run my PCR1500 using this software, I would be very happy, but it's serial port control not USB as it's DOS based. It will run on Win 98 and aslo ox XP (with a bit of cheating), but not as fast as with DOS.
My next experiment will be to run the PCR1500 alongside on the Netbook.