anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta - Part 2  (Read 71399 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta - Part 2
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:06:18 PM »
We are now finishing the development of V3.02 Beta.
From all the user comments we listed the problems below:

Corrected - SEL message shouldn't have an extra comma at the end (after the Flight ID)
Corrected - SEL message should be timestamped with local time, like all the other messages, but it shows UTC
Corrected - Network Time out
Corrected - Preferences box (on low resolution screens with large front the buttons at the bottom cannot be seen)

Pending - MSG Type 6 message should contain altitude, but doesn't
Pending - RB Freezes machine when going into screensaver or suspend mode. (Seen this on two of my machines)
Pending - Alerts (Something not quite right about these, they don't always pick up things) Pending - Waiting for Verisign - Drivers 64bit

----

Regarding the above only one item concerns us at this time: the alerts problem.
Some users report it happening, others don't. We would like to ask for your help to properly REPRODUCE this problem.

If any other problem is not listed above please mention it on this topic.

stewart_uk

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta - Part 2
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:01:21 AM »
Airnav, I really hope that I have understood your latest correctly, and that you will shortly be releasing 3.02 Beta.

Major bug fixes such as the network timeout issue must surely come before waiting on
64 bit drivers for which at present few users have any need.

regards
Stewart

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:53:14 AM »
That is correct Stewart, if the drivers are not ready but everything else is we will release the beta anyway.

However comments from a few of you about the drivers is not 100% correct. some customers cannot install it under Vista 64bit and hence its a serious issue which comes above network timeouts.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

stewart_uk

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 11:07:40 AM »
Airnav,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Regarding the Vista 64 bit drivers, I stand corrected.
I look forward to 3.02 Beta, as it was really disappointing having to go back to 2.01 and loose all of the improvements, just because a important feature was playing up.

Best regards
Stewart

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:31:48 PM »
I'm sure ANSupport, or one of you computer whizzes in here, will be able to answer this one:-

I'm looking at an Acer 5738z from Tescos (my wife is getting fed up with me monopolising her lap-top, and I still haven't had time to re-build my desk-top) which equipped with Intel T4200 dual core cpu and 4Gb RAM -

the question :- can the 4Gb of RAM be fully used with 32 bit OS or does it have to be the 64 bit application?   

I don't want to get one and then find problems using the RB.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Hosch

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 08:49:53 AM »
Hi all,

I'm using the Radarbox for over 17 months now. I think it's an excellent product.

For me THE problem that annoys me most is the network timeout  because it didn't exist in earlier versions (at least on my PC).

If the cause is defined why not "simply" posting a small patch and the network (which is not for free by the way) works ok again.

I appreciate your continous work on a very addicting product :-)

Hosch (Luxembourg)

bearcat

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 11:03:11 AM »
Hi CoastguardJon

Have a look at the Microsoft site(web address below should be all one line)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa366778%28VS.85%29.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_vista

Although I'm not a techie it suggests 32bit it's OK.

I think that Windows 7 is released in the next couple of months or so, in which case you may prefer to keep up to the polishing:-)

Regards

Stewart

ACW367

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 11:15:24 AM »
Airnav systems - just spotted a small error with 3.01 which I don't think was picked up before.  The aircraft history box under the photos is one number out on the number of entries.  If you have one previous entry in the field the bracketed number in the title shows as zero. If you have four entries, the bracketed number shows three.  ETC.

Very minor and a very late stage in the Beta, but hope you can look at this.

EDIT: corrected that this is in the 3.01 beta, sorry for any confusion with my earlier typo.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:22:21 PM by ACW367 »

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 01:48:24 PM »
I'm sure ANSupport, or one of you computer whizzes in here, will be able to answer this one:-

I'm looking at an Acer 5738z from Tescos (my wife is getting fed up with me monopolising her lap-top, and I still haven't had time to re-build my desk-top) which equipped with Intel T4200 dual core cpu and 4Gb RAM -

the question :- can the 4Gb of RAM be fully used with 32 bit OS or does it have to be the 64 bit application?   

I don't want to get one and then find problems using the RB.

Hi John

I'm using exactly that,and have had no problems with either version2/3 except the usual AVG firewall issues,which were my choice anyway

You'll be fine

Rich

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 07:12:22 PM »
where did you get 3.02 beta?
saluti
frank

Just to confirm, Beta V3.01 is the latest version:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3141.0

DoctorM

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 08:07:27 PM »
Im in the UAE and I have put in my location accurately using lat/long, but the Radarbox software clock says im in Saudi arabia and is an hour behind the UAE time.

The map displays my home location accurately as well.

On 2 occasions its has displayed the airnav system clock time zone to Iran!

Hope this helps

Doc

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 08:29:40 PM »
Hi Stewart, Rich. and Sterigia, many thanks for the info. - go with the flow - I know Windows 7 is an updated (and improved/perfected...???) version of Vista, but may just wait a couple more months and occasionally let my wife borrow her lap-top!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

freqhopping

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 09:17:32 PM »
For me the alert failures seem to be totally random.

A couple from today are
ADFEE6  VVJU117  159117  C9B    Should've alerted for Reg 159* or type C9B.
AE1240  RCH286  04-4135  C17   Should've alerted for AE*, RCH*, Reg 04-* or C17.

Earlier today a C-17 did alert for the the mode-s wildcard, a C-130 did alert for a registration wildcard and a different  C9B did alert for 159*.

When I do get alerts the pop up box and email lists up to three alert criteria met, like
Received Mode-S: AE0410
Received Registration: 163918
Received Aircraft: E6B
It never did alert for GOTO FMS when the I finally received the flightID which I kind of expect since it has already alerted for that aircraft.

And right after posting this I noticed I haven't received an alert for another C-9B that just popped up.
ADFEEC  VVJT743  160048   Once again a failure to recognize type and reg.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:20:28 PM by freqhopping »

EK01

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 10:25:36 AM »
Hi all,

I'm using the Radarbox for over 17 months now. I think it's an excellent product.

For me THE problem that annoys me most is the network timeout  because it didn't exist in earlier versions (at least on my PC).

If the cause is defined why not "simply" posting a small patch and the network (which is not for free by the way) works ok again.

I appreciate your continous work on a very addicting product :-)

Hosch (Luxembourg)

Hosch,

If you look back at this and previous threads, the main one having been subsequently locked you will see that this has been requested many times before from different people including myself but Airnav don't seem to be listening !
Like the rest of us, keep complaining !

Ian
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 10:32:36 AM by EK01 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 11:18:16 AM »
Right we are getting fedup of this.

We have stated we will release a patch and still these posts mainly by two individuals (you know who you are) are being posted to edge us on.

As mentioned dozens of times this is a beta, what you have paid for is a full version which is already out called version 2. Anymore posts especially by the two individuals trying to get us to release now when its unfinished we will delete the posts as they are unnecessary.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]