AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RB network question ?  (Read 5763 times)

ChrisGR

RB network question ?
« on: November 04, 2007, 05:17:59 PM »
I try to understand that RB network how it works but unfortunately without luck.
When a plane goes out of my reception limit and it passes to my friend dermjohn coverage area, after how much hour it should it is redisplayed to my map? Sometimes never, some times if I restart RB somewhere in my coverage area but with network sign (*) of it, some times long long far away because it pass long time to reappearance. From preferences I have set both timeouts (my Flights and Network Flights) 30 sec for receive and hide. Any good explanation or advice is welcoming.

Thanks
Chris 

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: RB network question ?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:26 PM »
I try to understand that RB network how it works but unfortunately without luck.
When a plane goes out of my reception limit and it passes to my friend dermjohn coverage area, after how much hour it should it is redisplayed to my map? Sometimes never, some times if I restart RB somewhere in my coverage area but with network sign (*) of it, some times long long far away because it pass long time to reappearance. From preferences I have set both timeouts (my Flights and Network Flights) 30 sec for receive and hide. Any good explanation or advice is welcoming.

Thanks
Chris 

Chris,

I use 30 sec Timeout and 60 sec Hide for Live data, and 35 sec and 60 sec for Network data.

Remember, the Network data only updates every 30 seconds, so aircraft will be timing out just as they are refreshed - that's why I use 35 seconds for Network timeout.

ChrisGR

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »
Thank you Allocator for answer but one picture = 1000 words :-)

Look at this picture. Check the times. We have two flights A and B. The A goes out of my reception area (see polar diagram) and the B is coming to them.

After a few minutes the plane B is inside of my coverage area and the A is going out and disappear.

In a few minutes after the Plane B still travel but the A never showed on my map. The coverage of area is 100% sure.

From 19:14UTC to 19:27UTC and the plane A not showed any more. This is my problem. Hope to you understands what I mean.

Thanks again
Chris

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 09:37:30 PM by flyhigh »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 09:05:02 PM »
Are you saying Plane A was picked up again or you never saw it again? Also do you have an idea on where the other RadarBox is which is tracking them when they are out of your range? (i.e does he have a good view over that area? )
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ChrisGR

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 09:30:35 PM »
The area is covered 100% from my friend dermjohn. I'm totally sure for that. His cover a big part of my area also. And the Plane A yes is not picked up again by me (network). Not only at this direction but in to any direction out of my coverage when the planes leave them. In the other hand flights from dermjohn covered area is coming to mine without any problem like airplane B (delayed 5-6 minutes) but showed. At last if I restart the RB the most times the lost planes picked up again in dermjohn area.

Gracia's :-)
Chris

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 09:49:31 PM »
Ok thanks, we will investigate this.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ChrisGR

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 11:30:40 PM »
Also Thank you for your support

For better understanding a few more pictures.

We have the flights OHYY385 (live) and 73806A*(network) to the same direction. The time is 22:21UTC.
Distance between this airplanes is 25NM about.

Now the flight OHYY385 goes out of my range and I lost them from my map. The 73806A*(network) continuously to travel.  Time is 22:25UTC

The flight 73806A*(network) is now 100NM far away and the flight OHYY385 has disappeared from my map. Time is 22:28UTC

I make a RB restart and the lost flight OHYY385 showed again (from network now) but has a different distance  about 120 NM from  flight 73806A*. The time is 22:31UTC

First if I don't make a restart the flights when has gone out of my range not showed and second the distances is not 5 minutes different any more. The speed of this airplanes is similar and not proofs this different. Strange or not? 

Obrigado
Chris