anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improvement Suggestions ...  (Read 5859 times)

apjwright

Improvement Suggestions ...
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:16:58 AM »
After using RB for over 1 year now, I have a few suggestions that would make life a lot better ...

1) It would be nice to filter/sort on the routing field so that you can see all aircraft either inbound/originating at a particular airfield

2) I often sort the 'interface' by altitude, particularly if I am sitting at an airport trying to monitor inbound/outbound aircraft.  The problem is that as soon as you position the cursor on a particular record, the whole screen jumps so that particular record is in the middle of the screen - this is hugely annoying and can make it very difficult to read.  If you can find a way to freeze the middle of the screen at a particular altitude (if you're sorting on the altitude column) it would provide a much smoother way of seeing what's going up and what's going down ...

3) Add an option to list all 'timeout' aircraft at the bottom of the list, rather than the current approach.  Again, the current approach can make it very difficult to keep your eye on a particular aircraft because it's relative position in the list is constantly changing.

4) Improve the ability to display/hide/reorder fields

5) Fix the '...' in the 'Aircraft' field of a lot of records.

6) Improve the 'Reporter' functionality to have more flexibiliity in selecting the data to be included in the report.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  I hope to see some of these suggestions (or the spirit of them) incorporated into the program in due course.

Regards,
Tony

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Improvement Suggestions ...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 07:37:31 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.

1.) You can filter out flights on the map to its destination or origin. Using the boxes above the map.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 08:09:31 AM »
It would be nice to filter/sort on the routing field so that you can see all aircraft either inbound/originating at a particular airfield

It's certainly feasible with ADS-B to build an intelligent filter that will isolate arrivals and departures at a specific airport. 

Yes, I know that you can do that to some extent if a callsign is present and the flight number exists in the route lookup table, but I'm talking about a more rigorous approach that doesn't rely on Flight ID.

Take a look at www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/LogReport/EGLLADSB.asp for an example of what can be done as an add-on application - while it's currently powered by SBS, now that RadarBox V3.0 supplies a compatible socket output it could equally well be used.  Ideally, RB could include this kind of functionality in the box.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

bratters

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 09:26:45 AM »
All very well this talk of even further improvements but I'd be more than happy to finally get my hands on a (non-beta) download of the improvements promised last November :-)

Patience, I know, patience........

jgrloit

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 09:28:35 AM »
Any chance of another, optional, column - from an ICAO text table of the Commercial callsign prefix?
Common ones are known - SHT  Shuttle,   BAW Speedbird etc  
While I have the reference book for Flights to Callsigns to Airlines I hear many that I don't have time to lookup.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

jgrloit

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 09:29:23 AM »
Bratters - some additional ideas for Version 4???
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 09:36:45 AM »
Any chance of another, optional, column - from an ICAO text table of the Commercial callsign prefix?

Wouldn't that just repeat the first 3 characters of the Flight ID, for those flights which have an operator logo displayed ?

Or have I misunderstood ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 09:44:09 AM »
Anyway to save these being lost, please post any suggestions in the main topic at

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885.0
[email protected]

jgrloit

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 09:45:10 AM »
DaveReid

No I am looking for the Flight prefix ( first 2 or 3 Characters) to be translated into the string
As I showed before:-
BAW     Speedbird
SHT      Shuttle
EXS      Channex

I now have an unusual one on the box AMC (Air Malta)  C/S Air Malta..

jgrloit

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 09:46:16 AM »
Airnav Support

I thought that was for Version 3 ONLY!!!!!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 10:56:14 AM »
Its for all future suggestions and improvements. Please use that thread. We will lock this thread soon.
[email protected]