AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Right clicking on myflights  (Read 2033 times)

EGNXR

Right clicking on myflights
« on: July 12, 2009, 02:14:21 PM »
Hi all,

Finally found my way on here:-)

This is a request more than a problem.
When you right click on myflights and locate mode-s in database. (Great feature)
Would it be possible to have a write button so it updates mylog/myflights with any changes made. I just just updated a new contact as an example in screenshot below.(Modifed the AT field).

Currently to get this to write I uncheck/check the tick box Process hardware flights or I does not update until next time this contact is recieved.

If that makes sense

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

EGNXR

Re: Right clicking on myflights
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »
Hi all,

Another small problem with right clicking myflights, is when you select from the menu that appears it takes you to a differant entry in the database. In the screenshot below if I wanted to select 7T-VJV and clicked select mode-s code it jumped to 7T-VJN in the database as this is underneath the menu. It also happens if you click on the portion over the map and a flight is underneath the menu it will jump to that. The menu is not solid and allows you to select what is underneath it.

Cheers John

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 06:06:42 PM »
It seems to work OK for me in MyFlights, in fact I've been correcting loads of '...' aircraft type entries using it.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:08:25 PM by Allocator »

EGNXR

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
Hi Allocator,

When you close the database after making the change does the (...) change in myflights, or do you have to wait until the next time you recieve that contact?

You can see a change in the details next to  the pictures (AR,AN and AC collums) but the change does not appear in myflights or mylog until contact next recieved or I check and uncheck Process hardware flights.

Am I missing something here? :-)

Cheers John

EMA

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »
It is working for me also.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:56:23 PM »
John,

No, the software doesn't update the aircraft list until either you untick and retick process hardware flights or the aircraft is picked up later.  Maybe hot key to force a data refresh is needed - it would only save one click though.

EGNXR

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:56:34 PM »
Hi all,

With regards to my problem in reply #1 of this thread, I,ve been back trying to replicate the fault and its seems to be caused by the issue in this thread.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3020.msg28360#new

I've just had it jump two places as i have gone to select a record to modify.
As to clicking while over the map I can not replicate the problem. So it looks like a refresh timing issue while on network. I'll post any further updates in the above thread.

Cheers John

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:44:32 AM »
A problem that I often experience when right-clicking on the grid in general, and going to MyLog, is that it goes to the correct aircraft, shows "All Time" in the Quick Set box, but displays a blank. Clicking the Quick Set box and choosing All Time then displays the details.

This is a minor annoyance when you know what to do, but perhaps AirNav could fix it so that it shows the details right away?

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 06:50:24 PM »
Rod we are contacting you by email regarding the pending items you reported.