AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: VISTA  (Read 14017 times)

b744

VISTA
« on: November 02, 2007, 04:35:27 PM »
I'm trying to tie down a pc problem. My vista laptop failed and I've had to replace the hard drive. One of the programs op at the time was RB. Got the pc back and it then shut down windows for a reason I cant fathom out but RB was running. At no point am I saying rb was a cause but has anybody had any other issues with rb and vista ?
My rb has worked with no problems at all on my windows pc for long periods so just trying to elliminate any causes.
Thanks in advance

Dan

Re: VISTA
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 09:49:55 AM »
Hi b744 ,
Here using rb and Vista on my laptop for more than a month now .
No problems so far.
Regards.
Dan.

b744

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »
Had RB running all day with no pc problems so not the cause....however....the program has got very slow and wont respond without lots of freezing. The aircraft are moving on screen but I cant sort lists or change from mylist to network. My machine is 1.73ghz dual core with 2gb ram so not slow. Anybody else got this and anyway to resolve the problem ??

HH

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 08:05:06 PM »
I have RB running with Windows XP and have the same problems. Sometimes the program gets very slow (after running for some hours though), still showing the planes but I can't resize the list window (double-headed arrow) or change the sort order.

I also still have the problems with the alerts. I only have "D-E*" acitvated. Anyway If I check the sound and/ or message window the program will hang, but until now I can't replicate that error. Anyhow I am still able to close the program after it hangs. It's no difference if I only check sound or message window alert or both.

Machine is XP SP2, Pentium 4 - 3 GHz, 2 GB RAM

Markus

b744

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 08:17:02 PM »
thanks Markus. At least its not just me. Hope ver1.4 will address this.
Rgds

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 09:28:31 PM »
Is there any other programs you are running at the same time?
Does your computer have any antivirus software which might start scanning at certain time causing a slowdown? (Windows Defender is known to do this)

This is issue is certainly not affecting everyone so it maybe a compatibility issue with another software.

If you are having such issues get in touch with us and give us plenty of details such as when it starts to slow down and your pc and software details.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Dan

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 09:57:00 PM »
Took my laptop and rb with me during a trip to Spain last week.
Had no internet connection there . When starting rb it was  running extremely slow
When I disabled the share to internet option everything was running normal again.
Rgds
Dan.

Vista Home Premium .
Intel dual core 1.73ghz .
2Gb Ram.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 09:59:23 PM »
Hi Dan,

Thats a known fault when you have no net connection. which will be fixed.

Hope that helps.
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 08:06:40 AM »
Left RB running last night and so far works fine, sorting,changing screens etc.
The only other program running has been internet explorer and the difference was that I chose not to have network flights yet was sharing data.
I have no other firewalls etc and use avg anti-virus so dont think these are a cause of the slowdown
Hope that helps

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 11:41:13 AM »
May be a bit of a long shot but I have found that some of the picture sites available to collect photos off also try and open up links on my PC and since running the latest version of RB with 2 pictures selected I get regular advice that spy-ware is being detected and as RB is the only site running with an internet connection it has o be the cause?. It was telling me this every time that a picture was downloading. I deselected pictures and the speed and stability went up. I have since juggled with my firewall and other settings and it appears a bit better.

Just out of interest what picture sites does RB use. ON SBS1 I have had to disable Jet Photo web site for a similer tendency for it to try and give me connections I don't want.

Mike

b744

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »
Not the cause as I dont do pics. If I want my pc full of pics I'd use airliners.net but I have that option turned off.
Rgds

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 01:00:30 PM »
RadarBox uses airliners.net photos. It should also just download the photo not actually visit the page.
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 03:02:42 PM »
RadarBox uses airliners.net photos. It should also just download the photo not actually visit the page.

Thanks Support - I did have loads of problems with previous versions loading full airliner net pages in the background but this current problem is more to do with "add-ons" that are trying to load. Will need to check with my broadband supplier and tweak their firewall/anti-virus program.

Mike
ps. how long now until I will be able to save all the daily entries to my database ?

jontrevett

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 11:26:26 AM »
I have trouble with photos on Vista says photo not available but a click on the space where the photo should be takes me to airliners.com and the picture hmm strange, all the right preferences ticked John

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 04:37:37 PM »
I have trouble with photos on Vista says photo not available but a click on the space where the photo should be takes me to airliners.com and the picture hmm strange, all the right preferences ticked John

John,

If you ran an earlier version of RB which only downloaded one picture, the current version will not download the second picture if one already exists on your HD.  Also, if you have your settings to download one picture only, then no pictures get downloaded.  This is a bug and has been reported.  If there is only one picture of an airliner on airliners.net, this also confuses RB.

For example:

- N1234F is picked up by RB

- No thumbnail pictures are displayed, but when you click on the empty thumbnail box, you get the full size picture at airliners.net.

- Look in the /Photos directory, if you see:

N1234F.jpg only with no second picture for this aircraft - then this is the problem.  Delete N1234F.jpg and click on the aircraft in RB again.  The 2 thumbnails (if there are 2) are now downloaded and saved as:

N1234F.jpg and N1234F,2.jpg

Take a look at your /Photos directory and see how many "single" jpgs you have, without the *****,2.jpg