anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum Interference / Problems  (Read 66996 times)

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
Re: Forum Interference / Problems
« Reply #90 on: June 28, 2009, 12:30:38 PM »
BTW: I believe our users should know that AirNav Systems has tried to have a permanent advertising on that forum. Have some discussions we found out that our competitors have an permanent H24 advertisement there and they do not pay for it!

Adding to this we are still waiting for "DaveReid" answer to our post.

You lot are living in dreamland, I am amazed that you put such accusations into print.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #91 on: June 28, 2009, 12:42:03 PM »
Adding to this we are still waiting for "DaveReid" answer to our post.

Pardon me, but what on earth are you talking about ?

I'm not aware of anything that you have posted where you needed an answer from me but haven't had one.

And what's with the "DaveReid" in quotes ?  I always post under my own name and I'm always happy to be held accountable for anything I say.

Or are you suggesting that there's an impostor who is impersonating me ?   :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #92 on: June 28, 2009, 12:53:20 PM »
Davereid: I'm sorry it was not you. Please accept our apologies.
I'm referring to user "Deadcalm".

Hamish: can you tell all the community how much does it cost to have an advertisement on the site you moderate and how much is the company that advertises there paying you for it?

I believe you remember well that you refused to pass this information to us - it is unbelievable nowadays that any internet "business" refuses to pass the conditions they offer for advertisement which make us all think that the condition are different depending on which company they are going to advertise...

If you don't agree with the above, are you interested in having our banner too with the same conditions you offered to the other company? Our users would be interested to know how impartial you and the other moderators of the forum (Anmer/MikeC) are.

The banner is ready:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:00:47 PM by AirNav Development »

GlynH

« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »
I understand...I really do and I feel for you guys but you are caught between a rock and a hard place.

As soon as you are in the public eye you put your head above the parapet and become a target for all & sundry to take a pot shot at you. This is a fact and it happens to everyone who is succesful.

Some of those might be valid - some might not - and believe me I know how difficult it is not to respond straight away and hit back.

You are on a hiding to nothing but IMHO sometimes you don't help yourselves with your outbursts and this does nothing to help your cause.

I know your product is better than the competition - as I said previously I recommend it to anyone who will listen and bought myself one last year and am about to buy another one in the next few weeks.

For my peace of mind I want to hear why your product is better to validate my purchase not why the competition may be worse...each product does have its pluses and minuses after all...

You can be just as guilty at posting negative comments about the competition (and its users) so maybe you should take the lead and pull yourself up out of the downward spiral we seem to be in.

You can set an example and rise above all this shit - can I say that here?

There is a wealth of knowledgable users out there on both sides of the fence who indulge and share in this interesting hobby and who don't want to become embroiled in politics.

I have said before one of the reasons I chose AirNav was because of your presence in the forum and because you are engaged in actively developing your software.

But please enough is enough...and on my part I have spoken out too much on this subject and so I am going to put a sock in it...

Now stop falling victim to 'bear-baiting' and go work on v3.0! :-)

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

MikeC

« Reply #94 on: June 28, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »
Let's get something straight.

I (MikeC) do not work for Kinetic nor ML&S.  I'm just an SBS-1 user and potential ANRB user.

I did not start the "other" forum which does not have 99% of its messages attacking AirNav or its products.

Anyone who goes there will see that it is balanced and covers issues with the other product too.  Check my postings on the Kinetic Forum and you'll soon realise that I don't work for them and nor am I a puppet.

And stop posting so called "facts" that you cannot back up with evidence.  The alleged banner advert is complete fabrication as we can easily demonstrate.

It's a good job you guys aren't based in the UK.

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #95 on: June 28, 2009, 01:23:53 PM »
Hamish: can you tell all the community how much does it cost to have an advertisement on the site you moderate and how much is the company that advertises there paying you for it?

I believe you remember well that you refused to pass this information to us - it is unbelievable nowadays that any internet "business" refuses to pass the conditions they offer for advertisement which make us all think that the condition are different depending on which company they are going to advertise...

If you don't agree with the above, are you interested in having our banner too with the same conditions you offered to the other company? Our users would be interested to know how impartial you and the other moderators of the forum (Anmer/MikeC) are.

The banner is ready:
FYI and as you well know, you accepted the terms of having your banner on my site, you then tried to gain some control over the forum, in which you failed, you then started threatining me with legal action after which I decided that I did not want your banner on my site and I also filtered out all Google ads that refer to your company.
You asked me to diclose to you the details of my dealing with ML&S, I dont think that those details are any of you buisness.

Now, after all the accusations you have made againt my site, forum, my staff and myself, you have the affront to ask yet again to have you banner on my site.

My forum has never been anti Airnav, you just see it as so because you have no control.

Kinetic pay a lot for their ad, how much is my buisness, not yours.

I am at a loss to be able to understand you.

Hamish
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:40:22 PM by Hamish McTorsk »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #96 on: June 28, 2009, 01:24:52 PM »
MikeC: thanks for being so direct.

Of course we TOTALLY disagree in the forum being impartial or not. And of course we are 100% sure it is partial.

Regarding the "alleged banner fabrication": why email after email, contact after contact (we do have evidence), the webmasters refuse to send details on what is behind it?

Putting it simple and for everyone to read: do you accept having our banner there, replacing the current banner, H24, running a promotion on RadarBox?

Regarding not being a RadarBox user: I see that you have just wrote that you are thinking in buying one because our competitors will not, one more time, have an upgrade to their software (after 3 years). Maybe in 1 year we would be all happy here discussing the problems with V4.0 and you would be part of our community.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #97 on: June 28, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »
>Kinetic pay a lot for their ad, how much is my buisness, not yours.

Where is the evidence? :-)

I will send again: if you want to show everybody that you are impartial, our banner is ready and we can offer one free RadarBox to have a competition there.

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2009, 01:35:23 PM »
I will send again: if you want to show everybody that you are impartial

Simple, just read the forum

EMA

« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »
Lets not bring up the subject of competitions.....................

MikeC

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
The mentioned site is totally impartial.  Only you think otherwise.

I sell online advertising to companies every week.  Yes there's a rate card but not everyone pays the rate card and I certainly don't disclose agreements with one company to another.  That's how a free market economy works.

I sent you thesite standard advertsing agreement twice and you didn't bother to reply.  At every stage you kept trying to change the rules of engagement and we have a complete audit trail of all the exchanges.

I think Hamish has made it very plain.  He doesn't want your business.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:42:49 PM by AirNav Development »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »
Hamish, you are the owner of a website that:
1- 99% of the users creating problems, many of them false, on our forum come from there;
2- They are free to post at a time 5 or more topics with false comments on RadarBox - and free to have 90% of the posts with negative facts about RadarBox;
3- At least one of the moderators comes to our forum to post negative comments;
4- Runs a permanent banner on our competitor product;
5- Refuses to send information on this banner conditions to other possible advertisers;
6- Refuses to run an AirNav Systems banner.
7- One of the moderators/most active users of the site  is BY FAR the most active user of our competitors product.

And you say it is impartial?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 01:43:41 PM by AirNav Development »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
MikeC: I'm sorry but please don't send inappropriate direct links to this forum.

MikeC

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2009, 01:55:09 PM »
You guys are paranoid.

Have a good day.

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2009, 01:56:24 PM »
I give up, belive what you like, I have wasted enough of my Sunday on your paranoia.

Over and out.