AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: any body know whats going on here ........  (Read 13309 times)

fatkat

any body know whats going on here ........
« on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:21 PM »
the maps a bit small sorry .....

so whats been happening is that I'm getting aircraft plots  that don't produce polar plot info nor do they track across the map ...

as you can see they are close to the wash  and at first I considered it military activity

any way the two errant plots are in the alltitude lollipop graph  with no corresponding map plot ....I had numerous instances of this yesterday and this afternoon  ranging from low level to high and from one to four aircraft seemingly ...also displays blue red and green

any thoughts ?

fatkat

Re: any body know whats going on here ........
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 05:56:42 PM »
and this one just now

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:56:52 PM »
Haven't you already asked, or is this something different? - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2889
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:03:07 PM by tarbat »

fatkat

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »
yes..........

but saw the screenshot forum, I thought that was what it was for rather than cluttering up general discussions ....is there an issue  ?

if so you better say  quick ...

fatkat

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:44:06 AM »
ok......

nobody any ideas ?

yesterday I raised my mast by 3m  ...

this has had the effect of pushing these "false plots[fp] " further east approx 10nm

I also calculated that the lowest altitude I can recieve line of sight at this range is about fl250..  due to tree and buildings close to me ....effectively some of these fp are below my horizon ...suggesting an origin much closer to home ?

couple this to the fact that little or no military stuff is moving over the weekend ..just about rules that out

there seems to be little or no correlation between plots on screen[signals recieved] and the FP's  so it would seem  that a reflected signal or ghosting is also unlikely. Add to this the fixed nature of the plots geographically  a moving  transmiter is likely to prodce a moving reflection ?

any thought  would be gratefully recieved ....

I have a new set of pics showing the new location  if anyones interested .

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 08:00:58 AM »
Purple rain and spurious plots are fixed in the v3.0 beta.  Have you tried the v3.0 beta, does that solve your problem?

fatkat

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 09:33:38 AM »
cheers......

don't think its purple rain  having read the various posts ....it certainly doesn't look like the examples posted ....I'm getting nothing anomalous on the map just the height plot.

software is 2.01
firmware is 2.03.1

so no to version 3  yet [having only had the box less than a month] I'd rather get to know the thing first  foibles and all before I explore  v3.0 beta

I'm assuming  that your not picking these  up ?[tarbat ] I saw from your polar plot that you can see down the east coast ..

that again would suggest a local cause  .....

fatkat

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
following tarbats advice ...I installed verision 3 beta

sorry to say I'm picking up the same effects from a similar position ...only they flash off and on quicker ....???  so might struggle to get a screen shot !

fatkat

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 08:46:23 AM »
just a thought  ......as I'm still getting these at the rate of  one or two per minute ...but with v3  they only linger for about half a second.

could they be reflections from a site that fixed in relation to my area .....

the only thing that I an think of that would give aregularish  signal would be reflection from a wind turbine blade .....but this of course is total speculation

I must assume that I'm the only person getting this phenomena  ?

and therefore its probaley some quirk of location and antenna foibles 

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »
fatkat

Were are you located?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

fatkat

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 07:41:33 AM »
nottingham  approx  12nm ne of east midlands airport

Ozoneflyer

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »
Dear Friend : One would almost think that While we were sleeping a Secret Government Swap took place and the people who are Now at the Helm are some how operating Made to look like commercial airliners that are Flying North / South Grid patterns leaving behind Only "Chem-trails" But when calls are Made to Local Airports or the FAA or even Santa Claus to at Least find out what Where Or even Why the SOP seems to be the exact same No Matter what YOU THOUGHT your eye's were watching take place You witnessed "Simple contrails" But what asked since when do "Contrails" Hang around for the afternoon turning a  Once Beautiful cobalt blue sky into an Ugly Grayish soup ? So whatever I witnessed looking thru my Spotters scope was an Illusion PERIOD !!! Maybe you had the same Dillusion ????