anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 240857 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #285 on: June 06, 2010, 03:12:39 PM »
Our official position is very simple: nothing will be changed regarding sharing options.

Fine - if you don't think my suggestion of defaulting the share option based on a user's location is reasonable, practicable and equitable, and ultimately in your own best interests too, then so be it.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

eggplant

« Reply #286 on: June 06, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »
I tought sharing is give something for free en get something for free, not give something for free and get something after paying money!

A fair comment methinks. If Airnav persist in making the default to share data, then at least they could rename the check box to "Make my data available for Airnav to profit from and give me nothing in return" or such like.  Additionally it may be prudent on start-up for a window to state  "I accept I am potentially committing a crime by using this software" or such like which must be okayed before the application runs ?

Nothing constructive then eh?

Most users seem to be able to cope with this really "difficult" action of simply turning it off if they are in any way upset or concerned either about profit making or committing a criminal offence.

It's not difficult is it.

Face it, it's not going to get changed for quite obvious reasons.

Maybe we could come up with something new for a change rather than banging heads against the same brick wall?

Look forward to reading the same criticism in say two months time?

I don't think the use of sarcasm was entirely essential in your post, though that's your choice of course. Nobody is sugesting the action required to stop sharing is "difficult" - and I am puzzled as to why you used speech marks around the word "difficult". Perhaps you should re-read my original post.

The title of this thread is "Future Version Suggestions/Requests". My post was a suggestion, nothing more, nothing less. Simple really. I'm sorry it was deemed as "nothing constructive" in your opinion.

Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #287 on: June 06, 2010, 03:41:55 PM »
Hi all, I agree, an RNRB user should have to "opt-in" to share, not out.   

I would suggest AN should hold a poll, and act accordingly on the result..............
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2010, 04:32:58 PM »
Our position has already been explained. Please focus on the topic subject from now on.

snowman

« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2010, 04:35:36 PM »
Hi

I would like to see the following

a) Up/Down arrows for climb/descent
b) The ability to decide what is displayed in the aircraft label e.g. if I don't want to see the route info, I can turn it off

Runway 31

« Reply #290 on: June 06, 2010, 07:24:16 PM »
snowman, you can already turn on and off the columns, go the preferences/generaland tick ot untich the boxes in Grid Visible Columns

Alan

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #291 on: June 06, 2010, 07:43:40 PM »
Alan - I think snowman means the aircraft labels on the map, not the column grids. He's not alone in wanting that!

Rod
Rod

Runway 31

« Reply #292 on: June 06, 2010, 08:19:23 PM »
Gotcha

snowman

« Reply #293 on: June 06, 2010, 08:23:11 PM »
RodBearden

You are right - from my perspective (being ex ATC) the closer I can get to a 'real' radar picture the better and being able to configure the label display would be a big step forward

Graham  

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #294 on: June 07, 2010, 08:02:47 AM »
hello

I think it would be useful to know the msg/sec of a particular aircraft so could the software display the msg/sec of the selected aircraft in "myflights" similar to the format in the attached modified screenshot?

Andrew

Jonathan.G

« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2010, 09:22:29 PM »
In new version, set FTP TRANSFERT INTERVAL at 10 sec =) or a menu to choose ! "5, 10, 20,30 secondes" =)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #296 on: July 01, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
It might be a good idea for the software to send an "I'm online and sharing data" message to the AirNav servers when there aren't any ADS-B aircraft to report.

That would give a better idea of who is actually online even during quiet periods, and it would make the user map look more encouraging to potential new users (and existing ones).

Rod
Rod

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2010, 04:34:32 AM »
I would appreciated some sort of indicator in the tray that tells me RadarBox hardware is NOT connected.  More often than not, RadarBox is minimized as I use other apps.  Thanks!

Jim
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Chris11

« Reply #298 on: July 07, 2010, 10:25:27 AM »
It might be there but it will take too long to go through 20 pages of suggestions.
There should be two NavData databases. The Master and your personal one. The Master comes from AirNav and when we get an update it can just be overwritten by the new one. Your personal database is for aircraft you add.
Why two? That will solve the issue where you might have local issues, eg aircraft that fly around locally with the wrong mode S, etc. Also you might have just recently added and aircraft and then an update comes and overwrites that one. The system will look at the local database first and if the Mode S is not there - pull it from the master for display. Of course there will be nice little utilities that allow you to compare the two and make send info to AirNav if it is missing on the master , delete duplicates off the local, etc.

Aerotower

« Reply #299 on: July 09, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »
Do not know if I have already spoken of this before, but here goes.
It would not be possible for the option of moving menu bars in the software radarbox? in order to gain more space for the map and list of flights?

Best regards