anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 240862 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2010, 09:09:18 PM »
add sector and restricted areas

You can already do this with outline files.

itestoo

• Radarvirtuel
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2010, 10:53:11 PM »
Telnet command to restart 30003 tcp outgoing port when Off data

Regards

Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com

Brimon

« Reply #242 on: February 16, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »
Rotatable map & multi monitor support would do for me.
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

GlynH

« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2010, 06:28:25 PM »
What happened to Terre's excellent list of Suggestions/Requests that he took the time & trouble to compile and that AN were going to use as a reference?

Terre?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:02:24 PM by GlynH »

GlynH

« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2010, 11:07:57 PM »
1. Main Program:

<deep breath>
a. Undockable windows & proper multi-monitor awareness for the app.
I have 2 x 19" monitors and really need to put the Virtual Radar Screen on one monitor and the whole Interface with MyFlights, Alerts etc. on the other monitor.
<deep sigh>

2. Play Recorded File:

a. Option to speed up or scan file rather than watch it in ‘real time’

b. Maybe a MediaPlayer type interface/progress bar that can be dragged to scrub through the timeline?

c. Possibly some kind of Task Scheduler to set it to Start/Stop recording at a certain time. Good for recording your own flights when you have to be at the airport and not at your PC!

d. Recording in progress indicator.

3. Preferences:

a. Grid Visible Columns – option to change display order

4. My Flights Window:

a. Highlight the selected or alternate rows like an Excel spreadsheet?

5. Editing Aircraft:

a. Why oh why do you limit editing to one cell at a time? And then click elsewhere just to be able to save it. Painful. SBS-1 for example opens up the whole aircraft record card so all changes can be made easily

6. Reporter:

a. Why on earth are the only choices Today & Yesterday? Needs a calendar or some other way to choose also

b. Yesterday should mean Yesterday. Not Yesterday minus Today so far!

7. FTP:

a. Add configurable ftp upload time

b. Add enhanced information such as; Number of Flights Tracked etc. using $webtags or similar

c. Option to specify screenshot size to prevent website being thrown out when RB screen is resized!

8. Weather:

a. Function works well with 3 choices but would it be possible to have it display in colourful, icon form such as that with other plug-in weather add-ons or the SBS-1 bolt on Metar Viewer?
See http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4423

9. Vastly expanded MyAlerts list to include;

a. Option to give description of Mode-S or Registration to identify at a glance what your own Alerts are for?

b. Send to SMS Text option. If sat outside in the garden it would be nice to know what the plane is that is flying overhead at that moment not run upstairs or wait until later when back at PC to read email.

c. Option to format own email for using 3rd party Email to SMS services that may be limited to 160 characters?

d. Different actions for different type of alerts;

e. Different sound assigned for different types of alert

f. Different email address for certain alerts etc.

g. Option to click on Notification Message Box or Alert Log to select Alert in My Flights list and/or Map?

h. Keep a log of Alerts to browse at any time?

i. Identify Alerted flight in different colour/blinking etc.

j. Notification box to behave properly. I want it to alert me by popping open but when I close it I do not want it to jump to the RadarBox screen, put it in focus and make it active. If I do want to jump to the RB screen I should be able to do so by clicking anywhere else in the box. A close gadget should be a close gadget not a close and lets make the RB screen active gadget IMHO!

10. Linear Map Zooming. Currently one click out = 2 clicks in...

11. Cut out dependency on AirNav Server for sending Alerts, Reports etc. and be able to specify own choice of SMTP Server and choose the Sender name.

12. Please stop the busy/sleepy pointer appearing when navigating through Menus as it is really, really annoying and prevents me from selecting menu items properly!

13. Scanner interface and/or better integration of ACARS in RadarBox

14. PP MLAT data compatible

15. Prevent MyFLights from jumping around when you are trying to search or watch for something

16. Keep selected flight selected in MyFlights not have RB suddenly decide to reorganise the list and make you search for it again!

17. Ability to search in Reporter/MyLog by using keyboard keys. Instead of using the mouse to scroll down you should be able to use the keys to selectively narrow your choice like most other programs do.

18. One click option to only display the selected flight on the map quickly.

19. Ability to right-click on the aircraft legend and have a pop-up menu to display other facts etc.

20. Ability to save different home coordinates & program setup selectable by a button ala PlanePlotter A, B, C,D

I'll stop at twenty as that seems enough to think about for now...some of these are from a list I put together nearly 2 years ago so I apologise if any of them have been added/fixed.

I have just waded through 17 pages of suggestions to get here but most of these can be found in a previous post from me on page 2 of this thread dated June 2008!

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885.msg25713#msg25713

Thanks for listening...I obviously have far too much time on my hands this week!

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

ACW367

« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2010, 02:42:03 AM »
Airnav know I will add this one.  

Regular monthly downloadable Navdata update .exe files.  These would not change the data in your own modified Navdata if the aircraft remains current, but would add new current codes/tie-ups not contained in your own Navdata. Most importantly it would delete from your Navdata any codes which had been deregistered/WFU/Stored/Scrapped.

Pinza

« Reply #246 on: February 28, 2010, 06:02:57 PM »
Have been an ANRB user since last October and a 3D user for the last 24 hours.

Am also a dual monitor user, so my top three on my wishlist for the future are:

1) 'Undockable' windows - to drag a 2D view back onto my laptop whilst watching 3D and MyFlights etc on 22" monitor

2) One click option to take a 3D screen copy

3) More reliable method of updating underlying aircraft database

Just my wishlist - more than happy with what ANRB 3D offers at present!

Chris

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2010, 10:07:55 AM »
hello

I would like if you could switch on and off individual outlines. for example I might only want airspace ones displayed some times but hi-res coast ones the whole time.

would this be possible to have in the next version?

Thanks
Andrew

jetset

« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2010, 04:05:29 PM »
j. Notification box to behave properly. I want it to alert me by popping open but when I close it I do not want it to jump to the RadarBox screen, put it in focus and make it active. If I do want to jump to the RB screen I should be able to do so by clicking anywhere else in the box. A close gadget should be a close gadget not a close and lets make the RB screen active gadget IMHO!

I agree. When I click in the box, I'd not only like the Radarbox  screen to come up, but I'd like the alert aircraft to automatically be highlighted on the screen.
It's a pain to get an alert and then have to visually scan everything on the screen to find it.
Steve

t1mb0

« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2010, 08:09:45 PM »
GlynH - very good list

An absolutely excellent A1 product, don't know if it's already been mentioned......it would be nice to have an alert based on destination airport, or for that matter departure airport.
12m SE of EGHI

DaveG

« Reply #250 on: April 29, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »
Map Colour Preference:

In future build any chance of having a default setting option so we can specify the default mcl rather than over write the Real Radar.
Cornwall, UK

Mike_Basel

« Reply #251 on: May 01, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »
My suggestion for the next versions of the radarbox 3D;

add compatibility to the 3D CONNEXION products

With google earth I am using a SPACE NAVIGATOR. It's a real pleasure!
It yould be fantastic to be able to use in the 3D windows of radarbox 3D....

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #252 on: May 09, 2010, 12:40:47 AM »
Some more suggestions for controls which will be particularly useful while in full-screen map view - we already have Ctrl-D for satellite image download, so how about:

Ctrl-1 - 2D map
Ctrl-2 - split 2D/3D view
Ctrl-3 - 3D view

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »
Another idea - how about, when you right-click the map, we get a menu option to set that point as a custom legend.

Rod
Rod

ramimz

« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2010, 06:07:28 PM »
Hi.

Please fix this problem
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4905.0

It's not the first time..... i saw it few time already.

Have a beautiful weekend.