anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 240864 times)

Bell 407

Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2009, 07:43:29 AM »
Hi All,

How about having a 2nd Polar Diagram option available that would show your reception for just a single day.

The reason why I would request this is it would allow you to check on your system on a daily basis and confirm that your reception is working ok. The 2nd Polar Diagram would therefore allow you to see what your reception is on any one day as compared to your full Polar Diagram.

I would find this usefull as a check on how my system is working on a daily basis.

Thanks,

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2009, 08:24:35 AM »
OK, so why not take a screen shot of your full polar diagram for reference, then re-set it each day to compare with the saved screen shot?

You should remember that the polar diagram is only produced when you pick up an aircraft, so a polar diagram produced during the day is going to be very different to one produced overnight, so it's not necessarily a good indication of how your system is working.  Same will apply when you compare one day to another, as traffic will vary

pcochrane12

« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »
hi all
I reset once a week after taking a screen shot this gives it time to settle down and I find gives a better picture of the system and its efficiency as allocator says flights vary so much a day to day shot would not tell you much may be a weekly is also to short all down to the location and what you want to see
paul

Bell 407

« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2009, 08:42:49 AM »
Tnx for you input Allocator,

OK, I understand your point of view but I would rather not re-set my PD as that will always be an indication of what my maximum reception is as an entirety for the system since I started ARB. The 2nd Polar Diagram would be just an indication of what my reception is on any particular day.

Yes I undestand about the PD being created only when an aircraft is picked up so the daily PD will be different to the full PD.

The reason for me asking is that today my reception was cut in half as I was only picking up aircraft half the distance of what I am used to. I ended up doing a complete recheck of all the wiring, connectors, pre-amp etc which as you will appreciate took some time to do. So a 2nd PD would have helped me as an indication if the system was not receiving to its maximum range or not.

I hope I have explained myself better in this reply.

Cheers,

Allocator

« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2009, 09:15:47 AM »
OK, another option is to use the 3rd party Polar Diagram Plotter that was designed for the SBS-1.  As RadarBox puts out the same information, then you can use this with RadarBox too.

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/SBS/Utilities/Kinetic_Utilities5_Utils.htm

Bell 407

« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2009, 10:05:21 AM »
Tnx, that helps and is a usefull add-on.

Cheers,

Terre

« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2009, 10:30:56 AM »
@bell407:

If I remember it correct: the Polar Diagramm is stored in the "D0012.dat" file. So, by making backups of that file, you should be able to keep a record of different Polar Diagramms as required.

Allocator

« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:07 AM »
@bell407:

If I remember it correct: the Polar Diagramm is stored in the "D0012.dat" file. So, by making backups of that file, you should be able to keep a record of different Polar Diagramms as required.

And just having dad a quick look at D0012.dat, it looks nice and simple :-)

There are 360 numbers - each of which looks like the range for that radial 0 to 360

etc

If somebody was good with maths, I'm sure that they could write a little routine to produce an .out file or something similar.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2009, 12:55:18 PM »
In some thread or other, Tarbat showed how the D0012.dat file can be used to produce a radar chart in Excel, so that's another option.

Rod
Rod

Allocator

« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »
Missed that

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2009, 01:33:51 PM »
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:20:28 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

Bell 407

« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2009, 07:39:03 AM »
Hi All,

Been thinking about the mapping issue and would like to know if ARB could look into providing something better when it comes to the standard maps available. I believe that they would go some significant way to improving the visual interface of their package if they dedicated some funds to provifding better mapping.

I note on the forum that there are many discussions about outline files etc and I am sure ARB could link with Google Earth to provide a good quality continental outline as a start. I know ARB-3D is on its way and that uses Google Earth but I am more interested in the 2D version with good quality map layers to view.

I further believe that the quality of the Google Terrain maps would be fantastic as a topographic type background and again would improve the visual aesthetics of the package.

Just my 2c worth.

Cheers,

gleff

« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2009, 07:48:05 AM »
Hi All,

Been thinking about the mapping issue and would like to know if ARB could look into providing something better when it comes to the standard maps available. I believe that they would go some significant way to improving the visual interface of their package if they dedicated some funds to provifding better mapping.

I note on the forum that there are many discussions about outline files etc and I am sure ARB could link with Google Earth to provide a good quality continental outline as a start. I know ARB-3D is on its way and that uses Google Earth but I am more interested in the 2D version with good quality map layers to view.

I further believe that the quality of the Google Terrain maps would be fantastic as a topographic type background and again would improve the visual aesthetics of the package.

Just my 2c worth.

Cheers,

I agree 100%.. I've been advocating the use of google terrain maps for a while now.
http://www.flighttracker.gleff.com - based in Sydney, Australia

Aerotower

« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2009, 08:29:27 PM »
Airnav can put in MyLog> Grids> Quick Filter also search by callsign?

It was a real asset to us.

Thanks

virtualradar

« Reply #224 on: November 22, 2009, 03:10:16 AM »
I would like to right click my mouse on a aircraft on screen and a option to add to a seen logbook to say ive seen that plane. A seen logbook will be a personal log of what aircraft ive seen. Also this logbook will also allow you to enter previous logs that you have gathered over the years. A calender can be opened on the screen allowing you to open any date and manually add paper logs gathered over the years.A total aviation package as i know many users used their airnav out and about spotting. This would be a first and everyone on here would love that. I can tell you your sales would go threw the roof.
Colin UK Dealer