anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 241230 times)

Geot

Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2009, 01:49:58 AM »
I would suggest removing the START TOUR field from the header; place it under the TOOLS drop down as an option. It is a facility that is hardly ever used yet takes up valuable space on the header area. I also have a habit of hitting it in error in lieu of My Flights when returning from Alerts or Network!

Replace the use of the ESCAPE Key to see the Full Screen with a Function Key. Leave ESC as its normal use - as a means of backing out of a transaction, or clearing an unwanted dialogue box.

GeoT

richardj

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2009, 03:45:37 PM »
What would be useful is a drop down list of "Home"co-ordinates that I could enter and change easily as I travel and use radar box, at the minute I cut-and-paste from a Word document.

simone.simone

• my photos on airliners.net
« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2009, 08:52:17 PM »
Hi, I know that this is a very hard request, but should be wonderful to have an instrument that permit to measure radials and distances (like a real radar). That should be useful to measure separation between aircraft, distance aircraft-points, etc...

EDIT:
Another request, possibility to activate navaids and fixes only where are necessary, because loading it the performance fall down drastically. At the moment I've done this, defining my Fixes, VORs, NDBs using the Custom Legend List, and obtaining very good performance zooming and scrolling the map.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:46:30 PM by simone.simone »

Fenris

« Reply #153 on: August 18, 2009, 11:43:05 AM »
A comment from Dave Reid about position accuracy:

"All ADS-B aircraft send a parameter called NUCp, which we don't see on either RadarBox or SBS, indicating the accuracy of the ADS-B position data."

Could Radarbox decode this parameter and then indicate aircraft which are not where they say they are?

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #154 on: August 18, 2009, 02:42:55 PM »
one for airnav i suspect?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #155 on: August 18, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »
one for airnav i suspect?

Yes.  It's possible to do it with SBS if you have access to the raw Mode S data packets, but for RB it would be dependent on AirNav adding the facility in a future version.  Assuming they want to, of course.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #156 on: August 18, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »
Don't see why we couldn't decode it for future version, but it will low priority as its more of "would be nice".
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

simone.simone

« Reply #157 on: August 19, 2009, 03:39:09 PM »
Possibility to hide/move all this bars:

For more personalization and to gain useful space.

simone.simone

« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2009, 09:34:33 AM »
Possibility to let the ANRB auto-start a record when launched.
For those user like me that prefer to have always ANRB recording in case of particular event.

jdupons

« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2009, 01:14:44 PM »
I would like to have a filter to EXCLUDE certain companies/ call-signs/ etc   from the watch or the logs via the quick filter.
At the moment we have only the ability to select the items we wish to INCLUDE.

parsley

« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2009, 07:09:02 PM »
I would like to have a filter to EXCLUDE certain companies/ call-signs/ etc   from the watch or the logs via the quick filter.
At the moment we have only the ability to select the items we wish to INCLUDE.

I think a filter such as described above would be a very useful feature...for someone living near an airline hub the ability to filter out large quantities of based "local" traffic would be a great boon (living near Heathrow the large amount of BA and BMI traffic is something I'm sure I'd soon get over not being able to see !!!)

leading light

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2009, 12:51:44 PM »
Selected Flight Level (SFL) is sent as part of the aircraft parameters with enhanced Mode S, would it be possible for this to be displayed in the future?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 12:53:46 PM by leading light »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »
Selected Flight Level (SFL) is sent as part of the aircraft parameters with enhanced Mode S, would it be possible for this to be displayed in the future?

Unfortunately the EHS parameters are send in an MB block that doesn't identify which transponder register has been interrogated (either BDS4,0 BDS5,0 or BDS6,0).  That's not a problem for ATC, since the interrogating SSR obviously knows which parameters it has requested, but for a Mode S receiver that only picks up the downlink it's quite a challenge to identify which one is being received.

It's not impossible (I've done it with SBS) but I wouldn't hold your breath ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

John Racars

« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2009, 10:27:50 AM »
Hi Support,

Any chance that you make the width of the Routecolumm a little bit larger? Thank you in advance!

Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2009, 12:58:12 PM »
I'd rather not have it any wider, because I will then loose other data that I'm interested in.

Of course, the best solution of all would be to have the column width user sizeable and to be able to change the order of the columns :-)

This is what I have in my aircraft list.  If the Route column is any wider, then I'm going to loose the squawk unless I reduce the size of the map.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 01:02:31 PM by Allocator »