AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 241342 times)

Frank

Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »
When I track a flight could it be made possible to give the complete row a different colour instead of the red block? (for instance yellow or green)?

Frank

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2009, 12:49:13 PM »
Cheers Rod this is getting better and better I can't wait for the upgrade patch.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

Terre

« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2009, 12:53:49 PM »
Hi Frank,

good idea.

Others think the same - see this post for details: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885.msg26374#msg26374

Also the idea is listed in the feature wish list:
- 29 Grid - Alternate lines in color (user defined color)
- 32 Grid / Map - Aircraft with curent alert colored" in the feature wish list.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885.msg27747#msg27747

Vote for your most wanted RadarBox feature now!

> http://harvester.gofreeserve.com/poll.html

Using Firefox? Take this Link: http://harvester.gofreeserve.com/poll_fox.html

The new TOP 3 in each category:

(click for larger view)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2009, 12:54:31 PM »
When I track a flight could it be made possible to give the complete row a different colour instead of the red block? (for instance yellow or green)?

Already on the wish list, including having alerted aricraft in a different colour.

Frank

« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2009, 11:25:21 AM »
Thanks Torre and Tarbat for your replies. It seems I have missed yours posts. Sorry. And thank you Tarbat for this nice feature to be implemented in a future version !

Frank

davec

« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2009, 04:08:37 PM »
hi ,
my suggestion is , that i would ike to veiw my reporter log in time format , eg so i could look at the traffic in order of time of ping, if you see what i mean,
regards davec

Terre

« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2009, 05:12:17 PM »
Hi davec,

if I recall it correct, you could export the report in csv format. Then open it in excel and sort by "date time".

ScandiNor

« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2009, 03:24:43 PM »
I cannot see anyone has suggested to add an "On Ground"  status in the Interface for aircraft on the ground?  I see aircraft moving on the ground, but their status is shown as "Leveled".  I suggest "On Ground" is more appropriate.

Kjell

Terre

« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2009, 07:17:45 PM »
Hi ScandiNor,

there is a status 'Ground' in the MyFlights/Network grid. However, you have to set a relevant QNH value in preferences for this status to show. See these links for more info:

- http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2941.0
- http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2137.0

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »
there is a status 'Ground' in the MyFlights/Network grid. However, you have to set a relevant QNH value in preferences for this status to show.

I can't see any reason why 'Ground' status shouldn't reflect the air/ground status bit that's normally sent in the All-Call Reply and Extended Squitter messages.

Having to manually set the QFE value to get the altitude readout to show zero seems a bit hit and miss to me.

Alternatively, while surface position squitters are being received (which don't contain an altitude, for obvious reasons), RB should automatically display altitude as zero.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

ScandiNor

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2009, 10:15:57 AM »
Dave,

That is also my thinking.  I see that status codes like "Departure", "Climb", etc are probably derived from combinations of Altitude and VRate.  However, it should be possible to just detect and display "On ground" status from the squitters.

apjwright

« Reply #146 on: July 26, 2009, 06:16:45 AM »
Cross post from my earlier post in the main discussion forum ...

" ...

After using RB for over 1 year now, I have a few suggestions that would make life a lot better ...

1) It would be nice to filter/sort on the routing field so that you can see all aircraft either inbound/originating at a particular airfield

2) I often sort the 'interface' by altitude, particularly if I am sitting at an airport trying to monitor inbound/outbound aircraft.  The problem is that as soon as you position the cursor on a particular record, the whole screen jumps so that particular record is in the middle of the screen - this is hugely annoying and can make it very difficult to read.  If you can find a way to freeze the middle of the screen at a particular altitude (if you're sorting on the altitude column) it would provide a much smoother way of seeing what's going up and what's going down ...

3) Add an option to list all 'timeout' aircraft at the bottom of the list, rather than the current approach.  Again, the current approach can make it very difficult to keep your eye on a particular aircraft because it's relative position in the list is constantly changing.

4) Improve the ability to display/hide/reorder fields

5) Fix the '...' in the 'Aircraft' field of a lot of records.

6) Improve the 'Reporter' functionality to have more flexibiliity in selecting the data to be included in the report.

That's all I can think of at the moment.  I hope to see some of these suggestions (or the spirit of them) incorporated into the program in due course.

Regards,
Tony

..."

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #147 on: July 26, 2009, 06:07:16 PM »
How about some sort of web utility that continually pings the network to say whether it is active or not? Every time users lose network flights or have network problems we end up with a new post on the forum with people unsure whether it is their system or the network that is at fault (especially now while we are testing the Beta software). A general web page utility showing the state of the network would help.

naird

• Beaver Tales
« Reply #148 on: July 26, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »
here here   right now it's a case of
now you see it, now you don't
on again off again

Is it me?  Is it the network? 

Good idea.

Neil

ACW367

« Reply #149 on: August 15, 2009, 03:34:37 PM »
On reporter the Airline field currently has only 20 characters. Many airline names are longer than this.  Can we have at least 30 more usuable characters and preferably unlimited characters in the airline field on reporter.
Examples of airlines that get cutoff with the 20 character limit:
Cathay Pacific Ai...
Lufthansa Regiona...
Thomsonfly (Brita...
Flybe - British E...
BMI British Midla...