anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 241439 times)

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 08:11:31 PM »
A suggestion that I made a few months ago and Airnav said they would look into was the abilty to show or hide the METAR and TAF boxes in Smart View, thus allowing more aircraft to appear in the grid

The other is the photos, record desktop to remember that I've not selected Show Photos / details, at the moment it's the first thing I do when I start the prog

Ta

mike L

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 11:01:56 PM »
Hi
  can we have in alerts play a sound you can set for squawk and one for aircraft,range
registration and mode-s so you can tell wictch alert went off

mike

GlynH

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 11:12:26 PM »
Hi
  can we have in alerts play a sound you can set for squawk and one for aircraft,range
registration and mode-s so you can tell wictch alert went off

mike

The Alerts are a great idea but IMHO they need to be expanded greatly - see my previous post in this thread.

Not only a different sound for different types of Alerts but different notifications also.

For example I have my Alerts set to let me know when there is an aircraft within a 5 mile range, all RAF aircraft, all USAF aircraft and many specific aircraft.

I would like the ability to send an email (or preferably SMS Text) for example only when the Vulcan goes up.

The only option I have at the moment is all Alerts on or all Alerts off so I would receive an email (or SMS Text) for each & every alert or none of them whatsoever.

----------snip----------
Option to give description of Mode-S or Registration to identify at a glance what your own Alerts are for?

Send to SMS Text option. If sat outside in the garden it would be nice to know what the plane is that is flying overhead at that moment not run upstairs or wait until later when back at PC to read email…

…or option to format own email for using 3rd party Email to SMS services that may be limited to 160 characters?

Different actions for different type of alerts;

Different sound assigned for different types of alert

Different email address for certain alerts etc.

Option to click on Notification Message Box or Alert Log to select Alert in My Flights list and/or Map?

Keep a log of Alerts to browse at any time?

Identify Alerted flight in different colour/blinking etc.
----------snip----------

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 11:15:12 PM by GlynH »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2009, 12:02:44 AM »
Glyn - back last summer I suggested that the alerts should work like conditional formatting in Excel - if you're not familiar with that, basically what I'm saying is that I agree with you :-)

The alert function should be a lot more flexible - I'd like an alert that, for example, plays a particular sound when the aircraft within 5 Nm range isn't Ryanair, easyJet, or Aer Lingus, and a different sound if it is.

That sort of subtlety would be really useful, as well as, of course, a better log and the ability to go to the alert aircraft on the grid and map.

Maybe this version, maybe next - we live in hope!

Come on Dev - Just Do It ;-)

Rod
Rod

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2009, 06:22:00 AM »
the ability to go to the aircraft on the map by clicking on the alert would be great, and something i'm really hoping for in a future version.
also be able to select a plane, and keep it selected ; selecting a plane and loosing it just by a slight move of the mouse over the map ore list is something i find verry anoying.

Tallyho

« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2009, 06:08:58 PM »
My biggest single bug bear with RB is having no access to the network data which other RB users have contributed, I would be willing pay the requested subscription for network data, if we could record or preferably have direct port access to it other than the current method of it just being able to view it on the RB graphics.

In my view Network data is the RB biggest selling point yet it lets itself down by not making it accessible outside of the real time (well 5 minute delayed) graphics.

Now that you can get freeware (well almost) like PlanePlotter that gives you this same network data access, albeit on a more limited basis than your network currenty but it is growing by the day as both RB and SBS sharers grow.

The PlanePlotter sharing model is something IMHO you should look at as it works very well and is also very fair. They place server side restrictions to the network data downloads so that masses of network data cannot be downloaded (not that I would think that would be possible due to bandwidth restrictions).

I am aware of your Live Data product but the pricing structure on that is way out of us mortals reach and is aimed firmly at the commercial market.

If I have paid £400 for the hardware, uploaded and shared all of my local data for free to share with you and the all the other RB and commercial users and then paid £50 subscription on top of that each year for access to my fellow RB contributors data I would expect to be able record it or actually do what I want with it (within reason).

There... that is my request :)

Terre

« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2009, 05:08:25 PM »
List updated!

Please see this post for the new list:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885.msg27747#msg27747
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:41:33 PM by Terre »

marcdeklerk

« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2009, 11:54:19 AM »
What about a cool feature when u update the database via the Internet , the registrations that get updated automatically download a picture! I'm not connected to the Internet the whole time, when I update the new mode s registrations, can't the program update the picture database aswell? Thanks

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #83 on: July 05, 2009, 12:30:34 PM »
Terre: what a great post. We have saved it and will try to add these features. Anyway let us say that we have invested a lot last week on a brand new feature (amazing) that we want to release in a few months. Work will never stop to have a better system month after month. Tks again.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #84 on: July 05, 2009, 12:59:47 PM »
Is there a way to put radar rings on a selected target, not just home location
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #85 on: July 05, 2009, 02:27:54 PM »
Is there a way to put radar rings on a selected target, not just home location

Untick the radar rings option to draw centred on home location.  Then you can put the radar rings at the centre of the display.

anorak

• support The Devon Air Ambulance Trust
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
Can you get me clear skyes aswel?
Dave. Exmoor, North Devon.

GlynH

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2009, 06:18:17 PM »
Great summary Terre, thanks for taking the time & trouble to compile it.

You should already have a list like that AirNav! ;^)

Can I add to MyLog the ability to search using the keyboard similar to File Explorer, iTunes and most other programs that allow a search to take place?

Example;

You have already clicked on the A/C name but then want to search for McDonnell Douglas.

Rather than use the scroll bar - which lets be honest is a bit hit & miss - you could press the 'M' key on the keyboard whereby you are taken to the first entry beginning with the letter M.

From there you want a shortcut to BAE systems so you hit the letter B and are taken to the first aircraft in the list that begins with the letter B and so on and so forth.

Make sense?

Also never noticed in the list the ability to click on an aircraft either in the Alert list or popup notification box and jump to or be taken to its corresponding entry in MyFLights and shown on the map?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:22:47 PM by GlynH »

Terre

« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2009, 07:10:45 PM »
Glyn, I've added them to the list.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2009, 12:20:40 AM »
Here's another suggestion for logos - if the Flight ID is blank or numeric-only, perhaps we could use the Registration, stripped of dashes, etc, to look up a logo file.

Rod
Rod