AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 241415 times)

bailey_uk

Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2009, 03:53:12 PM »
Hate to be a bit of a pain Airnav but the new version now has too many Fix points. I like to have them on and zoomed in close enough for the names to be there but now with so many some names are blotting out the names of others.

I suggested this in the other thread yeh, may have a choice of the original Fix Points (plus the additional new updated ones ive noticed i.e Subuk) but the ones indicating a distance to Fix Point or VOR do tend to clog the screen around airports / holds etc.

James
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

jgrloit

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »
I asked a fair while ago - if it would be possible for the country of registration to be included in the lower area, where you list airline, Registration, Type C/N, and Flight details  -as at times I cannot recognise the flags of the countries in the flight detail lines.

Also is there a non-delayed port for the Squawk, Mode-S, Flight-ID and Registration ??   - this is to interface to Squawk box for ideas of radio frequencies to monitor - delayed in this instance is no use at all.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »
This is still being discussed in this thread and others.

Rumours had it that Ports 30003 would not be delayed, but would not give positional info.
15 Miles East of EGNJ

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2009, 09:04:39 PM »
15 Miles East of EGNJ

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2009, 09:08:52 PM »
Also is there a non-delayed port for the Squawk, Mode-S, Flight-ID and Registration ??   - this is to interface to Squawk box for ideas of radio frequencies to monitor - delayed in this instance is no use at all.

Maybe support my long-standing request to incorporate squawk-code lookup into Radarbox itself, instead of having to use an addon.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009, 09:11:13 PM »
Yes, I'll go for that as well
15 Miles East of EGNJ

jgrloit

« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
Tarbat - that is an alternative, although as many Squawk codes are reused, within the UK,  The table concerned would need to be easilly editable to localise the possible duplicate codes.
How this would affect EU, US and other zones is probably unknown!!!
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009, 09:24:59 PM »
Tarbat - that is an alternative, although as many Squawk codes are reused, within the UK,  The table concerned would need to be easilly editable to localise the possible duplicate codes.

Thats exactly what I suggested to Airnav - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1284.msg12999#msg12999

It's from that original idea that Squawkbox was developed by Andy Frost.

jmhayes

« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009, 10:02:07 PM »
I thought that one of the things planned was to only delay port output with positional data in it, and allow the rest in real time?
Looks to me like all data is delayed 5 minutes.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009, 10:56:04 PM »
Looks to me like all data is delayed 5 minutes.

Yes, in that respect SBS scores over RadarBox in that the former outputs real-time AIR and ID messages with hex code and Flight ID respectively.

Another good reason to emulate SBS correctly !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

jgrloit

« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2009, 02:44:21 PM »
Ant chance of the MyFlights tab showing the counts of flights received but also the ADS-B flights count in a similar format to the Msgs/Second  on the bottom line?

ie - MyFlights (60/25)

naird

• Beaver Tales
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2009, 05:20:15 PM »
I'd like to see a feature that would give "bearing and distance" when you highlight a target on the screen...I seldom have the side "my flights" area open.

A question. I seldom see airline logos in that area, but see them in the networks area. Any help appreciated.

Neil in CYGK

PvB

« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2009, 06:09:36 PM »
I found, as many others, that adding Fixes to the map causes cluther on the map and slow responses.
However it would be nice if I (without selecting "Fix" in the Aviation Signs menu) can type a Fix name in the Locate window and then get a highlighted marker on the map.

LiveATC

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2009, 06:49:26 PM »
Use contemporary software of air traffic control, which combines special features, real radar of software, EUROCAT2000E, SATCAM, ROMATSA. I think that many users they will agree with me

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »
Just to drop a small note: this topic is getting really interesting. Once V3.0 work is finished we will start to think and develop all this.

One request for you all which are also forum readers: to keep the forum organized whenever you see a valid request for a new feature please ask the user to drop that request here or to change topics to this one. We want to keep all centralized (we will be watching the forum for this too).