anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 240855 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 04:13:07 PM »
I would like to see the issue in reply 2 of this thread sorted out please. It would make me very happy.

I have it on good authority that AirNav are actively evaluating various options for improving the consistency of photo and aircraft details downloads, so watch this space, as they say ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 04:18:10 PM »
That an only be good for us all
15 Miles East of EGNJ

vruma

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 04:27:38 PM »
Just a quick thought: sell the hardware only - make the software open source!

I bet that soon we would see a fast growing community with a superb and complete solution.

EGNXR

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 04:36:42 PM »
I would like to see the issue in reply 2 of this thread sorted out please. It would make me very happy.

I have it on good authority that AirNav are actively evaluating various options for improving the consistency of photo and aircraft details downloads, so watch this space, as they say ...

Thank you Dave. It would have been nice to here that from Airnav, but I suppose they have been busy. Patient head back on retiring back to my bunker:-)

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 07:05:20 PM »
Dave Reid, over to you :-)

Nothing to add, really - I was about to post a link to the same sticky on the Kinetic forum.

And I can't believe that AirNav need either of us to tell them what's in their own version of the socket output, or where it differs from what it's emulating.

Dave,

My point was that this is such an early post and my experiments indicated that this isn't actually the SBS-1 port output - although I could be wrong.

Having AirNav reproduce this if it is wrong would just be a waste of time.  You seemed to have a good understanding of the port output in this thread, so I thought that you might be able to save them nugatory work and get the output to at least match that of the SBS-1.

You assume that AirNav have access to an SBS-1 to check the output.  They might have, but on the other hand they might not.

I'm not sure how many people are interested in the port output now anyway, so maybe this is a blind ally?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »
I'm not sure how many people are interested in the port output now anyway, so maybe this is a blind ally?

Tend to agree with this as well.  Just what do people want to use a 5-minute delayed output for?

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 08:47:02 PM »
Hi,

I would have two suggestions for the New 3.0.

First, i would like to have  the possibility of having LONG TRAIL LINES
as with the SBS-1, it's interesting for exercice, test or finding flight.
(it seems that the parameter "seconds to remove trail line" not working).

The best was to select a flight and have a long trace only for it (dream).

Second, about the alerts function.
it's a good function, but unfortunateli  i am not present
when there is an alert, and send a mail or other functions
do not interest me, that i want is to SEE the flight on my RB.

so, it would be not possible to start a record (with define time) when
there is an alert.

With this function, i could finally see my Alert flight and especially display
his trace ... after the Alert.

minor remarks:

if you give more space on the Radar display,
it's not possible to display the entire Alerts functions, it was better for theses
screens to have differrents windows.

it's the same about the information on the low of the windows (informations
about network or hardware are not necessary, but i can't see the others
informations like distance, thats for me more importants).

Thanks,
F6GSG

bailey_uk

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 09:18:01 PM »
Would it be possible to have the choice of having the interface at the bottom of the screen, aswell as left/right?

Particularly usefull for users monitoring left-right traffic with a small screen!

James
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

Fenris

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 10:24:42 PM »

Tend to agree with this as well.  Just what do people want to use a 5-minute delayed output for?

I thought that one of the things planned was to only delay port output with positional data in it, and allow the rest in real time?

Am I correct in thinking that this is actually what v3.0 does?

I probably won't get to install the beta until the weekend now, so some sort of idea of what happens with 3rd party apps that use the port 30003 data would be useful. I presume that Squawkbox works.

Also, what about multiple listeners on a port? Can one now have more than one program receiving port data?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:32:08 PM by Fenris »

DaveReid

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »

I have no idea.

Hang on while I ask the hundreds of enthusiasts who hit my LHR arrivals website (driven by a 5-minute-delayed socket feed) thousands of times every day :-)

www.civilaircraftregisters.org/Mode_S_Resources/LogReport/EGLLADSB.asp

YMMV
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

DaveReid

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2009, 10:49:19 PM »
Having AirNav reproduce this if it is wrong would just be a waste of time.  You seemed to have a good understanding of the port output in this thread, so I thought that you might be able to save them nugatory work and get the output to at least match that of the SBS-1.

Point taken - I'll post an up-to-date spec, with some examples, tomorrow.

DaveReid

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 08:12:32 AM »
Point taken - I'll post an up-to-date spec, with some examples, tomorrow.

Done.  See www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2896.0

vruma

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 10:21:26 AM »
These are not solely my ideas but collected as well from others that I find useful. Though, some may be nonsens, take them for what they are - pure ideas.

- "3 dimensional" polar diagram
in order to review the receiption relative to height of the sending aircraft; multiple polar diagram lines for different heights; simplest solution would be to integrate polar diagram drawing in the "vertical tracking view" as a first step

- List of aircrafts not "jumping"
new entries should add to table without the table to "jump" wildly (to avoid loosing a selected entry)

- Fast forwarding recorder
allow fast forward or faster playing of recorded flights

- FTP intervall setting
allow user defined intervall settings

- Updated manual/on-line help
specially correct the "40004" port info (it was taking me hours to learn its actually port 30003)

- Smooth moving network traffic
Network traffic shall move as smooth as local traffic, user enabled option to display this "predicted movement" of network traffic (but without increased download frequency of data from AN server)

- Record network traffic
feature to somehow record (all/selected?) network traffic for later review

- Network traffic data output
e.g. for use in add-ons

- Longer lasting trail lines
increase display time for the trail lines (min 1h?). Even better: delete them only upon user request

- New full screen mode
pure radar screen only - no scroll bars, no windows title. Aircraft information as pop-up

- User defined aircraft icon
user defined icon to anything other than the airplane/square

- User defined aircraft label
user defined label containing selected items only (e.g. flight# & height only)

- Shorter path vector
Option to have a shorter path vector (just 3 dots is ok) or let length be set by the user

- Undockable windows

- Customizable menue bar
let user define, which icons will be shown

- Moveable menue bar
the top menue bars (icons) should be able move within the menue bar plane

- International data entries
the drop down boxes of Orign, Destination & Airport contain US airports as presets only and thus are kind of worthless for international users, especially since almost none of the US airports have network traffic available. Fill them with international entries instead.

- User defined Quick lists

- User defined fonts for aircraft tables

- Google maps support

- Weather overlay
display the current weather as map overlay; simple graphics will do it (e.g. only show severe weather)

- Alert list
rather than giving a single alert window, show all alerts in a list, newest alert on top
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 10:38:22 AM by vruma »

ukv1290

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 01:11:29 PM »
Sqalk Ident.... and flashing tags for 7500 7600 7700 SQ codes

EK01

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 01:52:03 PM »
Hate to be a bit of a pain Airnav but the new version now has too many Fix points. I like to have them on and zoomed in close enough for the names to be there but now with so many some names are blotting out the names of others. Could we have some sort of filter for them for example a way of showing just the Fix points with names and filtering out the numerous new ones which are on version 3 which consist of just letters and numbers. Around the Glasgow area is congested I shudder to think what it must be like around Heathrow.

Cheers,

Ian