anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Driver for Vista?  (Read 8997 times)

HadNav

Re: Driver for Vista?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 01:43:29 AM »
I've had no problem running Airnav software and drivers on  Windows Vista Premium 32 bit and now Windows 7 Ultimate Release Candidate 32 bit. I ignore signature enforcement, all works well.

N9JIG

• ANRB, too many radios and an understanding wife!
    • CARMA, the Chicago Area Radio Monitoring Association
Re: Driver for Vista?
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 09:23:44 PM »
If you have a 64 bit version of Windows Vista such as Home Premium (and I presume 64 bit versions of Windows 7) you need to disable Driver Enforcement during boot:

Press F8 until you get a B/W screen ("Advanced Boot Options").

Arrow down to the bottom of the screen and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and press Return.

MS does not allow one to manually approve unsigned drivers in Vista 64 like they did in most versions of prior OS's, and until they approve AirNav's drivers we have to deal with this. While there are other methods that involve command line arguments or utility software downloads, this method works well, does not involve questionable software, and, as long as you don't boot often, is pretty simple. It is an effective stop-gap...

According to other threads AirNav has submitted drivers to MS for approval but it takes time for them to get signed. Once those drivers are signed by MS and released to the wild this issue will go away.