anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Binoculars / Spotting Scope  (Read 26240 times)

Rural Outpost

• Still waiting to pick up a DAN AIR HS748 !
Re: Binoculars / Spotting Scope
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »
I suppose around the £80 mark......but they got to be good for that much !

elal

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 08:58:14 PM »
Are the ones with a red coating anygood for spotting?

D.snaks

Binoculars / Spotting Scope
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2009, 07:39:22 PM »
How many actually use a spotting scope? I understand it depends on the terrain and how forested the area you are hunting. But I am curious if you need a spotting scope. I had one and just didnt find a need for it. I upgraded to some really nice binos that are 10X42 and seem to do just fine...? If I were hunting pronghorn or sheep or mt. goats or moose I could see the need for a scope.  What do you think?

Tailwinds

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 10:44:55 PM »
Why a spotting scope for aircraft tracking? A pair of bins would be better as two eyes are always better than one. A spotting scope is ok I suppose for writing down aircraft numbers when planes are stationary on the ground.

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Avoid some of the fancy colourings on certain makes of cheaper lenses. Most importantly, buy a pair that has quality BAK 4,  (as opposed to cheaper BAK 7), lenses and make sure the optics are FULLY MULTI COATED as opposed to just MULTI COATED!

Buying binoculars is a very personal choice when it comes to weight, feel, build quality, etc. 
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!