anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)  (Read 88802 times)

HH

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 Released (Version 1.3)
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 12:06:10 PM »
It's in the RB-Software. See "Help -> About".

Markus

ChrisGR

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 12:15:24 PM »
Thanks Markus for info. I upgrade later to new ver. but i ask you in the new patch 1.3 shows the firmware of receiver, or only the version of software?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 12:18:22 PM »
Its shows you both the version name of the software and your firmware version.

Brisbane:

If you are using Beta 1.2 then its just a simple upgrade which will not affect the RadarBox itself.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
Thanks Markus for info. I upgrade later to new ver. but i ask you in the new patch 1.3 shows the firmware of receiver, or only the version of software?

flyhigh,

V1.3 shows:

Software Version: ANRB13
Software Version Date: 2007/10/02 07:14
Firmware Version: 1.01.0

HH

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 12:21:44 PM »
Mine shows 1.01.2 ?

Markus

Allocator

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 12:27:55 PM »
Mine shows 1.01.2 ?

Markus

That's interesting.  I did do the Firmware upgrade from an early Beta1.1, so maybe there was a later version?

AirNav, can you confirm the latest firmware upgrade, 1.01.0 or 1.01.2 and what is the difference.  My RB is working faultlessly with 1.01.0

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 12:29:35 PM »
As far as I am aware there is no difference which affects RadarBox so aslong as its 1.01.. then its fine.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 12:47:47 PM »
As far as I am aware there is no difference which affects RadarBox so aslong as its 1.01.. then its fine.

I'm happy with that, as I said, RadarBox is working fine on my 2 PC's.

Thanks

Allocator

ChrisGR

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2007, 01:01:02 PM »
Nice Markus Thank you

Chris

HH

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2007, 02:23:59 PM »
Unfortunately I'm again having problems with the software.

I updated the previous version, now it shows ANRB 13, 2007.10.2, firmware 1.01.2.

The program freezes as soon as an alert window pops up and I want to scroll through the messages or simply want to close it.

:(

This problem did NOT appear with the last beta version.

There is also no picture showing up in the "one picture mode" (preferences set to "Download Aircraft photo"). But maybe this is the bug already reported.

Maybe I should change back to the beta?

Markus

Allocator

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2007, 02:36:57 PM »
The program freezes as soon as an alert window pops up and I want to scroll through the messages or simply want to close it.

This problem did NOT appear with the last beta version.

There is also no picture showing up in the "one picture mode" (preferences set to "Download Aircraft photo"). But maybe this is the bug already reported.

Markus,

Read my earlier post today regarding the photos.  If you don't have "Download 2 photos" selected, NONE will download.  Also, if you already have a SINGLE photo of that aircraft, then a second one will not download and nothing will show under the aircraft list.

Also, if the aircraft is not in the GAS database, then you will not get a photo download as RB will not have a registration to search.

Regarding the "Alert Freeze" - I have suffered this in the past, but only for certain aircraft!  Because I have not been able to pin this down, I haven't been able to report it as a sensible bug report to AirNav.

Aircraft I pick up that produce the freeze are:

In the Aircraft Alert box:

L188
A380

So I tried putting the registrations of the A380's in the Registration box - and I got another freeze!

This is such an odd fault, I can't say what is causing it.  I do think though, that if you leave the Alert box open (don't close it when an aircraft alert appears), and you wait for a "good" alert, then you can close the alert box without a freeze.

Maybe if we start keeping a note of the aircraft that are causing this, we can work out what is going on.  It happens so infrequently for me, I haven't actually bothered to keep a list.

You can close RB down by using the red X at the top right of the RB window (not the Alert Box) and run it again without any problem.  Of course, if the same aircraft alerts, then you get the freeze again.

I've tried switching off the Alert sound, still get the problem.  Turn off the Alert pop up window and I think that it was OK - except you can't see which aircraft caused the alert.

This did happen with 1.1 and 1.2 for me, but it hasn't happened yet with 1.3 although I do expect it to happen.

I would stick with V1.3 if I were you, because the GAS populate and network timout works, and the Alert freeze did happen with the earlier Beta versions.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 02:39:19 PM by Allocator »

HH

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2007, 03:01:15 PM »
Thanks Allocator.

I deactivated the alert window.

Still a bit frustrated with final 1.3 as I thought the photo issues were finally solved and you could sort the list now and it stays with this sorting.

Before expecting further "great news" from AirNav I would prefer the bugs to be fixed first, PLEASE.

Markus

EDIT: I did not have any problems with the alerts/ alert window in the last beta version. I did NOT change any settings in the alerts...

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:11:24 PM by HH »

Allocator

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2007, 03:16:48 PM »
Markus,

It's a difficult choice between people like me who ask for the updates as soon as possible, even if they have a few bugs, and people who want the finished item :-)

The photo download and GAS database populate works very well.  If you want to do an easy fix, just delete all your jpg's in the /Data/Photo/ directory and make sure you have the "Download 2 Photos" selected.  Just see how fast the photo directory is repopulated!

I now have 78,917 populated aircraft records in my RB database (can't remember how many RB came with) thanks to the GAS link, 123,452 routes and 10,910 photos (5,455 aircraft with 2 photos each).  By copying my /Data/ directory over to the laptop, I can run without an Internet connection and still have almost all my aircraft details and photos available - great :-)

Allocator

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2007, 03:20:44 PM »
EDIT: I did not have any problems with the alerts/ alert window in the last beta version. I did NOT change any settings in the alerts...

Yes, but which aircraft Alert caused the problem?  Was it a type, registration, flight ID or Mode S?

Why don't you leave the Alert window activated and record the aircraft causing the problem.  This will help us to help AirNav sort out the problem.

Can you post a screenshot of your Alert settings and I will do the same.

All the best

Allocator

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2007, 03:36:32 PM »
An easy answer to the GAS/Photo issue.

- If you already have one photo in the Data/Photo directory - say G-AABB.jpg then you will have a problem as RB will not download a second picture nor will it search the GAS database (bug - reported)

- If you have no photo of that aircraft, then the GAS database is searched, the RB database is updated, and 2 photo's are downloaded (this is correct).

- If you have no photo in the Data/Photo directory, and the airliners.net site only has one picture anyway, then the GAS database isn't searched etc (bug - reported)

- Solutions:

-- Delelete all your ****.jpg photos in the Data/Photo/ directory and let RB start again

-- Or, delete all the single jpg photos in the directory.  File names are G-AABB.jpg and G-AABB,2.jpg for the second picture.

-- If there is only one photo on the airliners.net site, download it twice and save the second identical photo as ****,2.jpg

Yes, the sort order in the list is a pain, but there is a solution on the way which should be better all round.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you do need the "Download 2 aircraft photos" ticked too.

NOTE: This information is based on my testing of the pre-release version of V1.3 and I'm currently away from an internet connection for RB, so I can't test this further.

I believe that the intent of AirNav was to get this proper version of RB out on release, rather than keeping fussing around with some of the minor stuff.  It's better for us all to be working from a common point - V1.3 - than to wait for ever for a final, final version.

Can you just confirm. I have my setup to only download One photo. Is this item telling me that unless I download 2 pictures then I don't get GAS Populate to work.  I hope that is not the case. I only want ONE photo and even then GAS Populate should work just on the basis of the hex number not having a tie-in with anything currently in the my database and not also need photos otherwise it is a waste of time and unfair on those that dont want 2 or even 1 photo.......