anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FSLive forum?  (Read 48194 times)

regulate

FSLive forum?
« on: June 21, 2007, 01:57:42 AM »
Hello,

Thanks for opening the forum.  Can we get an FSLive and FSXLive forum too?  :)

Sincerely,

Your dedicated FSLive researcher,

Brian S.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 05:22:49 PM by AirNav Support »

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: FSLive forum?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »
Airnav,
 -
Could we have a link direct from within Radarbox to this forum and not having to go via the main AirNav site?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 04:13:04 AM »
Suggestion received and will be implemented within the software.
Also not sure if you know but you can access the forum at http://forum.airnavsystems.com

Keep suggestions coming. The more the better! :-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 04:14:28 AM »
Forgot to answer about the FS Live forum: we may implement it but not in a near future (not in the next 2-3 months).

flyingpenguinsk

AirNav RadarBox newbee
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 04:32:08 AM »
AirNav,

I am considering to buy this Box. Is the antenna working even indoors? how long does the cable between the Box and antenna run? Is the data coming out of the Box going to the computer in Asterix format, if so, what category? Does the airport library include Philippines airport? Can you provide formal quotation for reference in purchasing? Thanks
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 04:38:04 AM by flyingpenguinsk »

Tailwinds

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »
I think it's about time that Airnav Systems opened up the forum more widely to include subjects on the other products they sell. Last year, I downloaded "Live Flight Tracker" Europe version and cancelled the subscription before the trial period was over. I don't know about now, but at that time, it just wasn't working properly and I was really fed up with having to wait 24 hours or more for a response. I felt isolated and alone with my Live Flight Tracker problems and that's no exaggeration.
I never ever came back to Airnav for over a year until last week when I thought I would give Airnav ACARS a try. To my horror, I found that nothing had changed and that there was still only a forum for the Airnav Radar Box. Even now, afer nearly 36 hours, I still await an answer to my ACARS question. So come on Airnav, how about getting an Airnav community going where us customers can chat and help each other with any of your products. To be honest, if you had a public forum last year when I had Live Flight Tracker, who knows, I might still have had that product today.

Thanks for listening.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 07:58:56 PM »
AirNav Live Flight Tracker Europe works very well - I've just taken this screen shot :-)

Click this link for the full size shot:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3168/2987591960_ae36e0180d_o.jpg

Tailwinds

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 08:26:26 PM »
AirNav Live Flight Tracker Europe works very well

Well in all fairness to myself, I did say in my post that it didn't work properly when I had it a year ago and I can tell you it didn't because I still have the email from Airnav Support admitting themselves that there were problems. Glad it's working for you now though.

The main point of my post was not to write off "Live Flight Tracker", but to highlight the reasons and need to open up the forum to a wider community so that members, in addition to Airnav support, could help and support each other in those particular subjects of interest.

Best Regards.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 09:13:16 PM »
All copied Tailwinds :-)

I think that a highly interactive forum like this one with both the users and the company providing advice is excellent.  The thing is though, it makes us want it for all the other products!  Other than a few shareware products where the author provides almost instant support, such assistance is difficult to find and 24 to 36 hours can be the norm.  AirNav have done really well with the support for RadarBox, but then it is a continuously developing product.  Whether there would be quite so much user interest in some of the older more static products, I'm not sure.

I'm sure that it wouldn't do any harm to have topic heading for the other products, even if AirNav weren't able to devote as much time to these subjects - it would provide a single point of contact for other users to exchange ideas.

All the best

Allocator

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »
Hi Tailwind,

Our support replies are all answered within 24hours, most of the time they are answered within 8 hours. I think in your case 36 hours means we haven't got the support ticket. PM me with your ticket ID so we can check.

Forums are helpful when a product has the following:

1.) User Expansions
2.) A field which is a niche
3.) Niche user group

Live Flight Tracker is extremely popular product with over 10,000 users. In that sort of environment a forum can become very difficult to mange by us. During busy periods the RadarBox forum can up to 80 posts per day, following that a Live Flight Tracker one would have nearly 800! what would happen there is that users would need to help each other as it would be very hard for us to manage and read all posts.

Our support system which is quick and we can manage bug reports, new features requests much easier. Finally Live Flight Tracker does not fit into "User Expansions" group.

Hope that explains things.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tailwinds

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 08:31:27 AM »
Airnav...

So you would much rather handle 800 posts a day yourself rather than let members who also own and use the other Airnav products to help each other? Sometimes, all a member needs is a bit of quick advice on something and another member may have the solution.

Look,..I am a Flight Simulator enthusiast and registered with many of the associated forums. On one forum in particular...Just Flight, have an open public forum where members can help each other with any questions. However, if you need technical support, then you must send an email to Just Flight Support. So you see, it can and does work. I've had a couple of questions on your ACARS product which I'm sure could have been answered quite easily by another member who may understand my situation. That would obviously take  some of the load of yourselves. Instead, I have to wait 24 hours for a reply that probably could have been handled in a matter of minutes.

Ok then...meet us half way. How about opening a section called..."General Airnav product Discussion" where members who own any of your other products can post there questions and answers and if Airnav support wish to add comments as well then even better but make it quite clear that the said section is not for technical support from Airnav. It's always been my experience that customers feel a lot more confident knowing that there is a forum on hand in addition to support via email.

Thank you for allowing me to air my views. I shall now say no more on the subject.

Best Regards. 

D.snaks

FSLive forum
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 03:42:18 AM »
I need to fix a few things first, then Ill add a Steelbook sub-forum

jmelvin64

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »
Is there any new news on a FSXLIVE forum?

I just subscribed over the weekend and I have a few questions. Should I just direct them to the support staff?

oggieman

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 07:16:31 PM »
Is there any new news on a FSXLIVE forum?

I just subscribed over the weekend and I have a few questions. Should I just direct them to the support staff?

My question as well- I have a few things that I would like to clarify but do not know where to direct the inqueries.

regulate

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
Coming back to this old topic, is there ever going to be an FS Live Traffic 3 forum for FSX?  Also, I am considering starting a subscription again for the product, but would like to know if there is a list somewhere of the aircraft models and liveries included.