anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V1.2 Works Great - AirNav Support  (Read 11220 times)

Csmith

V1.2 Works Great - AirNav Support
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »
Just to state that in my 2 computers the RadarBox is working great without a single problem sine V1.2 was released. No more hardware diconnects and a lot of new features like SmartView implemented. Installation was quite simple too. Tks.

Bill

Re: V1.2 Works Great - AirNav Support
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 08:49:07 PM »
I would like to make similar comments - uploaded driver and firmware and was on version 1.2 in 15 minutes - 10 minutes of which was waiting for the firmware to load but it had done it so quickly I hadn't realised !. No problems at all running at 1000ms.  I have Garmin Mapsource and SBS software on the same machine and there are no interaction issues evident so far.  I am actually running ARB and SBS side by side for comparison. Running on HP pavillion zv5000 AMD 64 3400+ 2.19 Ghz, 768 MB RAM, also feeding both SBS and ARB simultaneously via USB extender.  Now lets see what ACARS can do to it .......
Thanks AirNav

Regards
Bill

b744

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 07:55:31 AM »
After a very dissapointing start with my ARB,I'm now being won over.
I still dont think the software is 100% stable as I sometimes get hanging and very slow response but thankfully no hardware disconnects.
The main problems, which I hope will be fixed in the new update, are having to deselect share data on start up each time(otherwise mine wont work without internet connection) and any changes to colours etc not being saved on shutdown.
I may be alone, but I would like to have the option to increase the size of my flight list at the expense of seeing a photo and also again have the option to enlarge the map at the expense of the vertical profile.
The database does need work.I think each aircraft the ARB picks up should be written to the database to then be updated. Dont know if the GAS link did this as I was never lucky enough to have it work.As far as database access,it would be nice at least to expand the db to fit the whole screen rather than a small window.
One other field that would be very useful is a "needed/interested", call it what you will, that flags an aircraft you want to see or track by highlighting it. It could be used in conjunction with the alert function and smartview to show what you are interested in.
My ranting over but and getting to be very pleased with the way ARB is working.
Looking forward to the update to get the GAS link going...too many blank spaces !!
Rgds

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 08:24:02 AM »
I may be alone, but I would like to have the option to increase the size of my flight list at the expense of seeing a photo and also again have the option to enlarge the map at the expense of the vertical profile.

B744,

You can switch off the vertical profile - go to Maps/Vertical and click on the "tick" to deselect it. (Although you have to do this EVERY time you run RB - Grrrrr!)

I'm running a "Beta12 Plus" version of RB at the moment, and the GAS link works very well, so almost all of my aircraft have registration details and photo's - great.  I'm sure that these are being written to the database, but I've had no need to really look at it of late.

The "interested" field would be a nice option.  My "Mil Flags" is working well and this provides me with my "interested" field.  There is a separate post covering this on the Forum.  See:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=171.0
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 08:26:22 AM by Allocator »

b744

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 09:45:36 AM »
The reason I want them written to the database is that I dont want to be tied to having an internet connection. Bought the ARB due to its size and portability so want it very portable. If they're not written to the db, when I'm away I'll be back to loads of blanks again !
Thanks for the info on the vert.profile.
My Log is full of aircraft that need populating. Will GAS allow me to do that or only those picked up with the connction in place ??
Thanks

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 10:02:05 AM »
I'm fairly certain that they are written to the database, but I'll have to take a look at this.

I'm away now until tomorrow night, so I won't be able to do anything constructive until then.  Of course, actually telling what has been written to the database and what was already there might be a problem.  I suppose that if I compared the database on the Laptop which is not normally used with an internet connection, with that on Internet PC, I might be able to tell.

AirNav Support - can you help us with this, are GAS populated records added to the database on the hard drive?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2007, 10:17:27 AM »
It does write them to the database. It doesn't keep checking the same aircraft reg all over again.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 11:10:53 AM »
Thats great. Here's one for you then. Some aircraft registrations especially North American, are re-used time and again. Does the GAS link "re-populate" the hex code with the latest data or just realise there's information there and do no further?

What is the Airnav view of writing in a further"interested" field in the database and using it through both alerts and smartview ? This would mean avoiding inputting large lists into either but still see "your" aircraft.
Looking forward to the next version...very soon I hope.
Rgds

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 11:38:57 AM »
I knew that question was coming when I wrote the last post :) and I actually do not know what happens with aircraft registrations changing. Will pass it on to development and see if there is a way round this.

Good request for the intrest field, that should be helpfull and will pass that on as well. Its a bit late for patch 1 requests but will put it forward for the version after.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:53 AM »
I realise lots of testing is underway, but when will the next update WITH the GAS updating be released ?
Rgds

Bill

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 11:51:16 AM »
any changes to colours etc not being saved on shutdown.

B744 - its not the most intuitive process, but to save your colour changes after you have "Apply" 'd them, hit "export" and you are then able to save onto your current map.  It took me a few days to work that one out !!

Regards

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 12:25:53 PM »
I knew that question was coming when I wrote the last post :) and I actually do not know what happens with aircraft registrations changing. Will pass it on to development and see if there is a way round this.

Good request for the intrest field, that should be helpfull and will pass that on as well. Its a bit late for patch 1 requests but will put it forward for the version after.

Re the re-use of registrations. I use SBSPopulate and this morning saw G-MIDM going into Luton. This has changed hands and is now G-OZBO with Monarch. However, because the entry is fully populated in my local database SBSPopulate does not recheck the details. However, SBSPopulate does have some functions that allow individual or blocks of Hex codes to be revisited and then I believe it treats them as blank. To make these options available to Radarbox would require a more up-front link to Populate rather than it going on in the background. I certainly don't think having the details on every aircraft checked every time would be acceptable.