anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On/off line problem  (Read 4399 times)

b744

On/off line problem
« on: September 17, 2007, 06:09:25 AM »
Just brought my box away on a trip with me after having it working in the UK no problem, Beta2.
Not had internet so tried to use it without...bad idea. Program very slow and it picked up a couple of aircraft then stopped. Moved on to different country, tried this morning and exactly the same result. Now I've got the internet, tried again and all is well. I'm totally lost as to why being connected to the internet makes any difference to the basic program and more so, a little worried as I dont just want to use the RBox from home. Am I doing something very wrong or should I be worried ??
Rgds

ps both boxes under preferences for downloadong photos are not ticked.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 06:12:14 AM by b744 »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: On/off line problem
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 08:55:09 AM »
I use RB often at the office without an internet connection :-)

The only problem that I've had is with RB shutting down after about 30 seconds with one of the Beta's with "Share Flight Data" selected.  I also tend to deselect the "Process Network Data" - or whatever the tick box says at the bottom of the Network aircraft list.

I've been very pleased with the performance, very sensitive with plenty of contacts.  I posted a polar diagram on the forum somewhere, I'll put a link to it when I find it.

Edit:  Here is the post where I compare my home and work polar diagrams.  About half way down the first page.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=195.msg1120#msg1120

« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 09:11:54 AM by Allocator »

b744

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 04:22:05 PM »
OK thanks for that. Selected not to share and all seems OK. Why does RB not keep that selection instead of you having to select it each time you run the program ?? Also I cant keep my changed screen colour selection after shutdown.Hope both will be fixed as they are an annoyance having to change setup each time the program is started.
Rgds

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
Yep,  agree fully with you there.  As I'm mucking about with RB settings and files I'm shutting down and restarting RB many times, so it's a pain to have to change back to my colours and to switch off the vertical tracking view.

You have to be quick to switch off "Share Flight Data" too, before RB shuts down!