anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WIMO GP1090 AERIAL  (Read 6959 times)

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
WIMO GP1090 AERIAL
« on: February 28, 2009, 02:21:58 PM »
I've just come across this page on the net while searching for the ELAD pre amp, does anyone recognise it?

http://www.amsnw.myzen.co.uk/gp1090.html

I was wondering did you need to change any of the cable? Was the preamp ok? I have the same problem with mine I think, started to reduce range and now I've got nothing showing at all.

Stuart

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
Re: WIMO GP1090 AERIAL
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 02:47:46 PM »

besty

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 03:01:29 PM »
I've read that but I was wondering if the cable to the pre amp was ok. 

Thanks for the link,

Stuart.

While I'm on does anyone know where I can get a 1mtr bnc-bnc pigtail?

EK01

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 03:13:36 PM »
besty8,

Try Westlake Electronics at whwestlake.110mb.com

I think they might have what you are looking for. They have an on-line catalogue.

Cheers,

Ian

drskeptical

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 04:11:49 PM »
I've just come across this page on the net while searching for the ELAD pre amp, does anyone recognise it?

http://www.amsnw.myzen.co.uk/gp1090.html

I was wondering did you need to change any of the cable? Was the preamp ok? I have the same problem with mine I think, started to reduce range and now I've got nothing showing at all.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

The site in question is mine.
Yes the pre amp and cable were ok. Before I knew I had a leak with the aerial I tested the pre amp. I made sure the power sully was ok first and measured 11.9V dc @ 75mA at the pre amp. The spec for the pre amp says you need a 100mA power supply so I concluded that the pre amp was infact ok. It was only by mistake that I discovered the aerial had a leak, after I brought it down I just left it lying on it's side for 5 mins when I noticed the water dripping out of it. Wimo were very good. I returned it to them and they just replaced it. I am now using the new aerial, with the original pre amp and cable. Still happy. You can have a shuffty at my main page which shows the general coverage for me and it updated every minute.

http://www.amsnw.co.uk

Hope this helps. Where do you live? I have a spare aerial now if you are local you can try. If not, well try Wimo.

Andy

besty

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 05:01:45 PM »
Hi Andy I'm not far from Durham Tees Valley and Newcastle, it definitely looks the same problem. Just tried the old aerial again where I was getting something I'm now not getting a single thing.
Nice site just had a good look.
I'll sort it out in the next few weeks I think mobile aerial in the loft working ok at the minute.

Cheers
Stuart

pcochrane12

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
hi stuart
just got my new wimo kit up and  running tried the old amp and bias t with new antenna worked ok now dried out old antenna and patch lead and also works ok i found the problem was the patch lead being damp at the amp connection now put the whole lot in a stainless box with moisture trap and full ip sealing ip being industry specification box rated ip68
cheers paul

besty

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »
Hi Paul, so you think I'm best off replacing both aerial and patch lead? That's what I was thinking, I'm glad you're sorted. Is your reception loads better?  I'm thinking of just replacing the aerial with a SSE 1090SJ MK2 and just getting a new lead from Westlakes.

Thanks for letting me know what you sorted.

Stuart

pcochrane12

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 09:49:02 AM »
hi stuart
would say yes just as a belts and braces move also gives you a spare just posted on screen shots the diference between wimo shot one and the supplied antenna on a pole in the garden shot two