HeathrowCam.net > HeathrowCam.net

New - AirNav RadarBox - Heathrow Webcam

<< < (2/14) > >>

Allocator:
James,

The live Heathrow screen shot display is looking good - well done with this and the webcam :-)

The only problem I see with the screen shot is that it does look a little cluttered.  Do you really need the range rings and the "path vectors"?  With all the traffic that you will get when it is busy, I think that it might be a case of less is better?

I'm sure that you will experiment and come up with the best options :-)

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Allocator

Below: Network traffic rather than live, but an interesting comparison.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3475/3297673893_64c465c9b4_o.jpg

HeathrowCam - Support:
Hi Allocator

Thanks for the feedback and ideas. I will have a play with the options soon. I was planning to add some outlines soon so unchecking some options to declutter is the way forward.

Thanks
James

beakyb:
Hi James

Great webcam - absolutely superb!

One question - I've managed to establish that the cam is looking across Caroline Place, Nobel Drive & the A4 towards the BA 747 hangars but does this mean that the webcam is mounted on a pole in the middle of a field or is it as far back as Cranford Lane?!  Or has something been built since the Google Earth / Maps images were produced?

Totally intrigued - would also love to know whether the movement sensor is something unusual or special.

Once again, many thanks & long may the cam reign!

Best regards

Paul Burchell

HeathrowCam - Support:
Hi Paul

Good guesses! However, I'm keeping my location under my hat for obvious personal security reasons :-)

I'm planning on putting together a web page with details on how the camera works. Will post to this forum when I have news on this.

Thanks for the superb feedback. Much appreciated.

All the best
James

CoastGuardJon:
Hi James,
Again, as previous, absolutely superb site, is there any chance of it ever tying in with the Heathrow Arrivals page............................?   We're never saitisfied, are we!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version