AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New - AirNav RadarBox - Heathrow Webcam  (Read 89231 times)

HeathrowCam - Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: New - AirNav RadarBox - Heathrow Webcam
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »
Thanks for the comment bigjim.

I don't know of any sites publishing forthcoming visitors. Sorry.

HeathrowCam - Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2009, 04:25:36 PM »
James

Live stream would be a real bonus.

Not sure how a controllable IP camera would work - but I'd be interested in finding out more.

How feasible would it be to link the shots to actual details of the flight - route, a/c registration etc. Probably a big task and maybe not even possible at the moment, but I keep the heathrow arrivals web page open and can make a pretty good guess where the a/c has come from (not too easy with BA though lol)

Thanks again

Kevin

Kev

I would really like to have an arrivals feature on the site with a/c details. I'm planning look into the RB reporting features soon. Matching up to photo could prove a bit tricky though. Better to just have a list I think and use the zoom feature to pick out the registration.

Are you referring to the civilaircraftregisters site?

Mo

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 07:00:30 AM »
Hello James,

Any idea for how long the service will be down? I already miss it ..

Regards,

HeathrowCam - Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2009, 05:59:36 PM »
Hi Mo

Out of action for a few days for PC repair unfortnately.

James

Mo

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 11:29:41 PM »
Hi Mo

Out of action for a few days for PC repair unfortnately.

James

Thanks James - Speedy recovery :)

I am still waiting for you to release the thing we talked about so I could purchase it ;)

elal

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 10:02:33 AM »
James

Live stream would be a real bonus.

Not sure how a controllable IP camera would work - but I'd be interested in finding out more.

How feasible would it be to link the shots to actual details of the flight - route, a/c registration etc. Probably a big task and maybe not even possible at the moment, but I keep the heathrow arrivals web page open and can make a pretty good guess where the a/c has come from (not too easy with BA though lol)

Thanks again

Kevin

James I'm knew here, but can somebody explain, why are some pictures more close up than the rest, does the camera keep on zooming in and out?

at which runaway is the camre located, I assume that the landings are when the airport is on westerly operation, are you filming the runaway next to Hatton Cross station (Northern I think), or the opposit side
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 10:07:49 AM by elal »

HeathrowCam - Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 04:50:21 AM »
hi elal

The camera is looking south and faces the east end of the northern runway so gets close up shots of 27R landings.

The camera also captures 27L southern runway landings which are the distant shots.

The current camera does not zoom.

This week landings are generally on 27L in the morning and 27R from 15:00 but there have been quite a few 27R landings in the morning before the hour of both runways being used which is quite unusual.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:33:53 AM by HeathrowCam - Support »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »
One really cool idea I have is to hook up an IP camera with PTZ ability (pan/tilt/zoom) and there's new progressive scan CCD ones available but for around the 1K mark. If enough people would be interested I could probably afford one assuming people would pay a subscription for the interactive use. I'll post a survey on it soon. How do you like that idea??

Hi James,
Only just seen your post above, I'd certainly be willing to make a contribution or reasonable subscription (I think I'd rather do that than pay the network subscription - sorry AN!).
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

elal

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 01:26:46 PM »
The cam is off, due to different runway in use, does that mean that they are using the crosswind runway?

Mo

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2009, 03:51:24 PM »
The cam is off, due to different runway in use, does that mean that they are using the crosswind runway?

That means they are using 09R/L .. Therefore it's the other side and no landing or takeoff could be captured.

elal

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2009, 05:31:26 PM »

That means they are using 09R/L .. Therefore it's the other side and no landing or takeoff could be captured.

why wouldn't the take off's be captured?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2009, 08:25:07 PM »
Different rate of climb?

On approach, all aircraft are going to be following more or less the same nominal glidepath aiming at the runway threshold.  On departure, they will be getting airborne at a slightly different points and climbing at a different rates.  So, it will be much easier to point the webcam to see the aircraft on approach, but more difficult for climbout?

That's my guess anyway - standing by to be corrected :-)

Mo

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 08:48:46 PM »
Different rate of climb?

On approach, all aircraft are going to be following more or less the same nominal glidepath aiming at the runway threshold.  On departure, they will be getting airborne at a slightly different points and climbing at a different rates.  So, it will be much easier to point the webcam to see the aircraft on approach, but more difficult for climbout?

That's my guess anyway - standing by to be corrected :-)

Well put however, most aircrafts get airborne by half the runway or almost the end if they are extra heavy .. No point I think because you won't see anything just a plane with whose gear is up and climbing

elal

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2009, 10:26:37 PM »
No point I think because you won't see anything just a plane with whose gear is up and climbing
What do you mean no point, that's just the point we want, to have a webcam of flights just taken off from Heathrow, like we have it on flights just about to land at Heathrow?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2009, 08:35:45 AM »
No point I think because you won't see anything just a plane with whose gear is up and climbing
What do you mean no point, that's just the point we want, to have a webcam of flights just taken off from Heathrow, like we have it on flights just about to land at Heathrow?

I'm sure that anything is possible - Heathrow Cam Support will have to answer this one for you.  Just Remember that the guy running the webcam is doing this because he wants to - it's not an AirNav product - I'm sure that he would be more than willing to set up a much "smarter" camera if us RB users were prepared to pay him for the service :-)