AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Updating a/c info  (Read 7071 times)

b744

Updating a/c info
« on: September 11, 2007, 08:43:24 AM »
Think I missed the thread  a while ago but how do I update a code thats picked up yet has no reg data ? Believe there was a connection to Gatwick Aviation Society but cant find how to do it. Tried the update reg through the preferences option but the gaps remain.
Is there a guide to whats new in RB since the first of the patches were released as things like smart view are all new to me.
Many thanks

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Updating a/c info
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:28:56 AM »
B744,

Here's a copy of what I said in another thread re the GAS update.  This was working well with Beta11, but don't know if it is working with Beta12 (which has the Photo Download disabled) as I'm away from my RB at the moment.

-------------------

The Gatwick Aviation Society (GAS) automatic database populate is working very well with Beta11.  I must admit, although I knew that the link had been set up, I hadn't really noticed it working!

Find an aircraft in your lists without a registration, in either the MyFlights or Network aircraft list, then click on that aircraft in the list.  The message "Downloading Photo" appears, then the aircraft type and registration appears in the list - excellent!

Whilst there is still the odd aircraft that isn't in the GAS database - which is being constantly updated - the vast majority are there.  Well done AirNav and the Gatwick Aviation Society.

b744

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 11:31:42 AM »
thanks for that...i disable photo download so maybe this affects the reg update ??

b744

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:50:04 PM »
question to support then, has the gatwick aviation society connection been disabled along with the photo download option ?
I personally dont want photo downloads, nice as they are, so are the photo and GAS connections dependant or can you choose no photos but still get the GAS info ??
Rgds
ps still working without any dropped connections...thanks

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 06:11:07 PM »
question to support then, has the gatwick aviation society connection been disabled along with the photo download option ?
I personally dont want photo downloads, nice as they are, so are the photo and GAS connections dependant or can you choose no photos but still get the GAS info ??
Rgds
ps still working without any dropped connections...thanks

Further to my last post, it does appear that the photo download and the GAS aircraft update are disabled in Beta12.

All I can say is that it worked really well in Beta11.

prbflight

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 07:26:42 PM »
Yes the GAS update worked great in the first beta release!  Hope the final patch comes out soon so we can get this function back.  I've said it before and I'll say it again...Keep up the great work AirNav.  RadarBox is getting better and better with each update.

I love the vertical view.  Great!  Thanks.

Paul

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 07:45:38 PM »
The photo download and the GAS aircraft update are linked together and hence it is disabled in this version.

We have made some good progress in the photo download fix, so should not be too long before it reappears.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 08:13:33 PM »
Once the GAS link is back running again, can it be used to update codes picked up in "My Log" or is it just applicable to those being picked up either by your own RB or thru the network function....reason I ask is lots of gaps in the last 24hrs which would be nice to populate.
Thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 08:48:02 PM »
It should update all of them. You need click to refresh mylog entry button in prefences when the GAS link is back up.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]