anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two aircraft type questions  (Read 3365 times)

ACW367

Two aircraft type questions
« on: February 13, 2009, 07:55:02 PM »
Two questions from an experienced user.

When I first see a Fokker F27 on my box, it always loads into navdata from the servers with the aircraft type 'FF-2' instead of the actual code 'F27' or the '...'

Does anyone know why it picks up this random code when GAS has them listed with the correct 'F27' ICAO code. 

Second question, what area of Radarbox does the information in the 'actype' part of the navdata feed into.  Looking at it with the database explorer it appears to have IATA codes like B73C (737 combi) and DA05 (Falcon 50) instead of the ICAO codes used on the system. 

If I delete all these incorrect codes, or even add all correct ICAO actype codes am I going to corrupt any areas that are in regular use.

If the 'actype' fields are still in use for something, I would prefer that the entire section is renamed 'type' in the database explorer.  We all want to update the 'aircraft' table in database explorer virtually daily.  If the 'actype' was renamed 'type' on the dropdown, it would make 'aircraft' alphabetically the first. Therefore database explorer would always open on the aircraft table that we all want to modify regularly.

Geot

Re: Two aircraft type questions
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:22:16 AM »
Excellent suggestion ACW367! today, I had planned on requesting a change to ensure that Aircraft always stays on top. This would do the job.

GeoT