AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Labels, no database update and map problems  (Read 4036 times)

Fanjet500

No Labels, no database update and map problems
« on: January 02, 2019, 07:33:23 PM »
Hi all,

Installed Radarbox 6.02.003 with software version 6.02 on my new Windows 10 computer. Now i can`t get rid of several problems:
1. Did do the database update but the new database is not in the data file (Did install the data with USB from an other computer and it is now o.k).
2. It always starts with the wold map and i do have to zoom in. I recorded the desktop and it doesn`t care. When i start new it will show again the world map. Several settings will have to be set new again (highways/interstates, ATC boundaries).
3. The aircraft labels will disappear if i select a filter or "show all". only the trail lines are visible. To fix it i have to go to preferences/Legends and Labels/select square label/deselect square label/apply/ok and it will work again until i will select a  filter or select "show all" again.
Any ideas? Should i delete the software and reinstall?

Greetings Rolf
2 Airnav Radarbox installations
2 Antenna switch boxes
1 WiMo GP-1090
1 FLU-SR/Y13
2 ThieCom SkySearcher directional antennas
2 Standard Airnav Radarbox antennas

Runway 31

Re: No Labels, no database update and map problems
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 07:51:52 PM »
Where did you install the software to, do not install to the program files location that can cause issue.

If you did a database update and the update went elsewhere you must have more than on instance of the software on you computer

Regarding the other two issues I have no idea if they are related to the first issue but it sounds like a program files issue to me but I am no computer wizard

I would however suggest that you check the location of the software and if you have inadvertently installed to program files I would suggest you delete it then manually delete all orphan files left behind in program files.

As you have two Navdata downloads one downloaded and one dragged across on the USB, use Windows search to look for the one that got lost as this will help you find if you have more than one instance on your computer.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:19:38 PM by Runway 31 »

Fanjet500

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 10:10:28 PM »
Thanks for the moment

Greetings Rolf
2 Antenna switch boxes
1 WiMo GP-1090
1 FLU-SR/Y13

Fanjet500

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 03:15:51 PM »
Hi Alan,

many Thanks for your help. Yes i did install the software to the program files. I deleted everything and reinstalled to a different location. That fixed the map problem and the database update problem and the settings problem. It keeps the recorded settings now.
The only thing that did not get fixed is the aircraft label problem. Still the same. If i press the quick list button and select a filter it will show no aircraft label and symbol anymore. Only trail line. If i go to preferences and come back the label and symbol will appear again. If i select "show all" it will do again the same thing. Only trail lines, until i select preferences and ok and all labels and symbols will come back.

One more idea Alan?

Greetings and thank you

Rolf
2 Antenna switch boxes
1 WiMo GP-1090
1 FLU-SR/Y13

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 05:26:45 PM »
Glad some of your issues are fixed Rolf

No idea on you other issue.  I Used Quick filter on Air France, American Airlines and KLM flight and all was OK.  Did you zoom in far enough to see the lables?

Alan

Fanjet500

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 07:23:19 PM »
Hi Alan,

did delete and reinstall several times now but label problem can`t be fixed. Additional i have frozen Aircraft on the map and on the "MyFlighs" list. These aircraft will only disappear if i switch the software off. The Geographical Coordinates are also not working. Does someone still have a 6.01.001 Version exe file for me? It is very unlikely that my downloaded 6.02.003 is corrupted, but at least i could try the old version.

Thank You

Rolf
2 Antenna switch boxes
1 WiMo GP-1090
1 FLU-SR/Y13

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 07:36:17 AM »
The only changes to V6.00.03 are to enable the software to work with the X-Range receiver so I don't see why it should make any difference.  I cant help but feel that it is something linked to your set up as no one else has reported similar issues

What do you mean Geographical co-ordinates are not working?

Alan
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 07:44:17 AM by Runway 31 »

Fanjet500

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 10:54:43 AM »
Hi Alan,

the grid on the map is not working. I agree the software doesn`t make too much sense. My problem is most likely the first installation of the software at the program files and that i`m not able to remove all the orphan files there. But i will get some help from a computer expert soon.

Thanks Alan
2 Antenna switch boxes
1 WiMo GP-1090
1 FLU-SR/Y13

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »
Go into c:\Program files and/OR c:\Program files (86) and you will see a folder marked Airnav, just delete that folder

Alan