anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: portable died, i have an airnavradarbox and 3 pi machines i need help please  (Read 2679 times)

PGANRB114934

ok for some time my portable on win 7 has sat on the shelf 24 7 but has finally died: BER: so i have 3 raspberry pi B3 and would like to get the box back on line but i suspect the following: all you genius'es out there please tell me i am wrong so that the hard cash i spent out on the little black box that has worked so well is not wasted:
suspicions:
1. air nav radarbox requires usb drivers uploaded by windows to get it talking (major problem are there drivers for the pi to do this)
2. is even the pi capable of driving and talking to the airnavradarbox
3. if yes is there a noddy's guide out there to help me put tis back on line (understanding that the pi is basicly linux (nice) and the pc is MS)
4 by the following questions you will understand that i have precious little understanding of the subject matter but i am willing to learn ps i am 70 so dont mind spending hours at the book or KB to get there.
any help gratefully received even if i have to find a cheap windows machine UGH. I have built much hardware pc's included and am pretty good with the soldering iron and even etching designed cct boards, my real forte'... ta much for any help

Runway 31

Hi there

Unfortunately I am not a genius however as far as I am aware there is no way to connect a classic Airnav box to a Pi but maybe someone with Pi knowledge can tell me I am wrong.  Your other problem is that the box software is Windows only while the Pi is Linux so not compatible that way either.

You could get a cheap laptop or you could however get a cheap USB dongle suitable for ADS-B for around £20 which will work with a Pi and while you cant use it with the Airnav Windows software it would be able to send its data to display on Radarbox24.  This thread will give you some information on how to http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=10201.0

Alan
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:10:39 PM by Runway 31 »

PGANRB114934

Thanks a million alan, it is as much as i suspected, such a shame that my little black box cannot be re utilised. however the options are as i expected, i guess santa will have to be good to me hi hi
well at least my home made co linear wil do nicely for the job.
thanks for your prompt  reply
matt