anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox XRange in offline application  (Read 3016 times)

rdb9878

RadarBox XRange in offline application
« on: November 14, 2018, 06:58:52 PM »
Greetings,

We are interested in utilizing an ADS-B receiver in an offline environment, ie connected to a Windows 10 computer that doesn't have an internet connection. We would like to be able to extract the flight information received from the receiver in real time (GPS coords, elevation, call sign, timestamp, etc) and feed it into our own custom Windows Software GUI for further processing and analysis.

Would this be possible with the RadarBox XRange device? It seems like our custom SW application might be able to interface with this device directly over the ethernet connection, but I figured I would ask before I spent a bunch of time on it.

Runway 31

Re: RadarBox XRange in offline application
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 07:17:42 PM »
I doubt that you would be able to intercept the data from the unit although I believe it can be connected to the Airnav V6 Software via its network connection.  It is designed to feed its data back to the server for display on the internet.

You would be  better off using a suitable USB stick to do what you require as it would not require to be connected to the internet however [email protected] should be able to advise better.

Alan