anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New to using RadarBox micro  (Read 6743 times)

Aldborough62

New to using RadarBox micro
« on: July 27, 2018, 10:15:46 AM »
I am new to using any sort of tracking systems, and although generally I am happy learning as I go along, a couple of things seem less than intuitive.
I suspect it is me, but if you I am hoping you can help.
Having saved my home location and map, when opening up the application, and selecting my home map, I get the whole of Europe and have to zoom in again, is this normal.
Once I have zoomed in feature, like airports and country borders although disabled when I last used (and saved) my map, I have to disable again, again is it me?
I haven't been able to download the satellite or street maps, I always encounter a problem, not that I really want all the detail, but a few markers would be nice, is there an issue with the maps at present?
Any thoughts which might help would be welcomed

Runway 31

Re: New to using RadarBox micro
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 10:44:44 AM »
Hi Aldborough

Welcome to the forum

When you close down use File/Exit and your preferences should stay as you like them.  Don't use the red cross top right and nothing is saved and all changes are lost of you close down that way.  Try that and let me know

The satellite and street map function has not worked for a few years

Anything else just ask

Alan

Aldborough62

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 11:49:44 AM »
Alan,

Thanks for getting back.

Unfortunately closing as described didn't seem to do the trick either, not that it is a great issue, a few mouse clicks and I am where I was/want to be.
Pity about the satellite/street maps, but for a start and the money it cost I shouldn't measure it against some ideal I have in my head ………… too much.

Kevin

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 12:35:22 PM »
Hi Kevin

When you start up it should be back to the way it was when you closed down so no idea why its not

You cant get rid of the country borders as they are hard wired into the software, could it be the airways boundaries you are seeing, if so they can be toggled off and on via Map/Aviation Signs/ATC Boundaries   You should be able to toggle on and off the airports through Map/Aviation Signs/Airports and whatever you choose should be remembered and come back when you start up again.  Likewise the airport names/identifiers  through Map/Aviation Signs with the airport outlines available through Map/Outlines, more outlines from Rod are available to supplement those that come with the software.

Alan

Alan

EK01

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 02:37:22 PM »
Kevin,

Before shutting down using the way Alan has stated, go into Window>Record Desktop and say Yes to Save Changes and see if that does the trick by saving all your settings.

Ian

Aldborough62

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »
Ian, Alan

Thank you for your help, not sure if it has worked yet, I'll know in the morning.
I'll let you know then

Cheers

Kevin

Aldborough62

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2018, 06:08:11 AM »
Alan, Ian

Still no joy! Not to worry

Kevin

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 12:19:09 PM »
It must be something simple Kevin as no one else is having any issues of this kind.  I can set the map to anywhere in the world and it opens there next time I start the software and the settings are as I left them

Alan
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 12:20:48 PM by Runway 31 »

Aldborough62

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 12:23:08 PM »
Alan,

I fully expect it to be me, I will persevere.

Cheers

Kevin

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 01:09:53 PM »
Which map are you using.  Set the map to World through Map/Set Map/.  Zoom and centre on your location.  Close down Airnav and start up again, what do you get on re-starting

Also if you press Home does it centre on your Home

Alan

Aldborough62

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
Alan,
I have just done that, and I seemed to have two maps open, the top map being of the world, and the minimised map being my home location, but zoomed in closer than I normally do, but a positive was airports (runways) and country borders were as I like them.

Might be getting there, of sorts

Kevin

Aldborough62

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 02:52:13 PM »
Alan, Ian

I can now confirm I have a maximised and minimise map open when I open the application.The minimise map is my "home" map, but is significantly zoomed in and off centre to my home location. As I said before the plus is now this map has the avaition and general settings the same as I close down.
Once I have selected the "home" map, I can't maximise the other (in this instance world) map, or for that matter minimise the "home" map. Its just like I have opened it in windows and needed to close down the window I didn't need.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

Runway 31

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 02:58:50 PM »
The one you don't want can you can you click on it then go to Window/Close so that you only have one map.

Alan

Aldborough62

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 03:12:40 PM »
Alan,

Cracked it, thank you.
I closed both maps, opened my "home" map and closed the app down, just opened up again and straight to home, just as I left it.

Thanks, next stop thinking about a better aerial further away from the house, the subject of another thread, but lets not get too carried away.

Kevin

Runway 31

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 03:28:14 PM »
Got there in the end, anything else just shout out

Alan