anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Home Station location off  (Read 3238 times)

Geot

Home Station location off
« on: July 20, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »
I have just installed RB (6.01.001) on a new Surface device with a download from the Air Nav site. All up and working OK using Micro RB - except.

I have loaded my GPS location into Preferences yet the Map keeps centering just off page. When HOME is clicked, the screen centres about 35 miles from the West of my real centre. All settings were copied from the adjacent Laptop which functions correctly. Selecting the same Aircraft on both machines shows the same distance from my Home Station, yet the physical Map on the new device is off by about 35 miles.

I have checked the device data for where it thinks it is, and for App use, and it shows my home location correctly on the Google Map.

I have not downloaded the latest Micro RB drivers as all otherwise seemed to be working OK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
George

Runway 31

Re: Home Station location off
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 12:37:42 PM »
Do you need to use the - sign in front of the longtitude to show that you are located west of Greenwich?

Alan

Geot

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »
Yes, that is there. As I said, the identical GPS is loaded on both machines, sitting side by side, and the Home Station is about 30 miles further West on the new machine than the other.

This one seems to have baffled everyone so if no new suggestions come in, I will try copying Colours/Maps over from the old machine, then perhaps try downloading drivers. Then a re-install, George

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 01:06:16 PM »
I don't see what downloading drivers will do for you

Do you need to do anything to set up the GPS or your location on the tablet itself?   Also does right clicking on the map and clicking Set as Home Location help matters?

Alan
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 01:10:35 PM by Runway 31 »

Geot

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 05:29:12 PM »
Solved it. I did a "Set Map to" using the USA (apparently Canada does not exist) and then hit Home Location and bingo.
A basic step that I had forgotten since not doing an install for a long time.

George

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 06:46:15 PM »
As long as its fixed now George.

Alan