anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ACARS INPUT  (Read 15411 times)

b744

ACARS INPUT
« on: June 18, 2007, 10:13:48 AM »
I have acars decoder2 but no longer pay a subscription as my new laptop has no audio in socket and I cant use my airband. With the airnav radar box, will the acars input be via the same aerial as the radar box or a seperate input ? Would I also have to update my sub to acars decoder and then increase the cost of the radarbox ??
Also you mention the size...10cm by 12 cm is this correct ?? seems very small compared to other similar products  ie sbs
Thanks
looks a great product

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: ACARS INPUT
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 12:06:53 PM »
Yes it very small which is great for portability but still tough in its aluminum case from damage.

A bit confused by your question regarding decoder:

RadarBox only uses the antenna supplied for ADS-B tranmissions. It cannot be used for ACARS Decoding. The RadarBox software just provides a interface for ACARS Decoder 2 it does no decoding itself. You do not need to have Decoder to run RadarBox.

If you do want the interface with RadarBox to work you need to have Decoder as well which will do the decoding and then pass on the data to RadarBox software.

Hope that helps
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

b744

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 01:41:13 PM »
Thanks for that. Can you tell me how I can get Acars decoder working on my new laptop which has no socket for sound in to connect to my airband ? This would be very much what I want to work in conjunction with the radarbox.
Thanks in advance

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 01:52:01 PM »
Sorry but you would need a line in socket or mic in socket on your laptop to able to link up the airband and latop to decode. Also please note some laptops have a "cut down" version of the sound card will not be able to decode.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]