anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "File" menu options not available  (Read 38273 times)

Falcon

Re: "File" menu options not available
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:53 PM »
Okay, another one shooting in the dark, but have you:
- Setup virus checking exceptions for the RB folders and Virtual Folders (Vista).
- Checked what processes, if any, are consuming lots of CPU when the menus lockup.

I've also never seen this problem since setting up virus checking exceptions, and I now typically run RB for 7 days solid without shutting it down.  Of course, the cause of your problem may well be something else.  Good luck getting it fixed.

Hi Tarbat,

I have tried adding the folder, and to be safe the executable to the antivirus exception list without any success.

I have attached a screen shot of all the menus selected at the same time as that is all they will do less than 10 minutes after a restart of RB. At times it may be much more than 10 minutes but in this case that is all it took for them to become disabled.

It appears that support has posted a reply to the thread during my preparation of this reply to Tarbat. I haven't posted a support ticket as I thought during previous communications with support in the forums, they had indicated knowledge of the issue, in fact they were made aware of it months ago if I'm correct by other customers through their support system.

I guess I'm off to post a ticket if it looks like help is on the horizon.

Thanks

kdt1

« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 10:45:31 PM »
Support.

When you asked me to send out a email a few days ago I did. And I am awaiting instruction. This is a completely different issue in regards to the menu.

And If Allocator or any one is going to ask me a question I am going to respond. I am not going to sugar coat anything.

I am now going to give this issue a rest.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:50:43 PM by kdt1 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »
Falcon,

No worries, that was not indented at you. We do have details, just it seems certain users are have brought alive this thread just to cause commotion again.

Not sure how many times we have to say but it, once again "It is listed as high priority bug for the next version"

ktd1,

Allocator was trying to help identify cause as well. We have received absolute nothing from you on the email we asked you to sent to nor a support ticket a few days ago (you in fact admitted that in earlier post). Please contact us through the method.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:56:44 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

kdt1

« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »

Listen I sent a email to the address you gave me! Plain and simple.

The email is on different issue is it not?

I know what Allocator was trying to do, keep the ship from sinking
while you guys are playing Golf!

Cheers

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »
Yes that's why we are here replying on Sunday.

If you had sent the email you would have got a support ticket number, its obvious that you don't have one otherwise you would have mentioned it and we would know about it. Also you would not have answered a post today saying ok I will send a email (someone who actually wanted help would have emailed asp)

Its obvious from that a comments made in the last few posts from you that your not looking for help but just cause to trouble. If you want actual support actually contact us through the proper means.
[email protected]

Falcon

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2009, 12:49:12 AM »
Yes that's why we are here replying on Sunday.

If you had sent the email you would have got a support ticket number, its obvious that you don't have one otherwise you would have mentioned it and we would know about it. Also you would not have answered a post today saying ok I will send a email (someone who actually wanted help would have emailed asp)

Its obvious from that a comments made in the last few posts from you that your not looking for help but just cause to trouble. If you want actual support actually contact us through the proper means.

I really don't want to reply to this, but I have to. I don't believe kdt1's intentions were out to cause trouble. His recent posts are the first in this thread and he has posted proof of the same problem.

If he said he sent an e-mail, then a direct and to the point response asking to resend it without a bunch of accusations would cause less headache for all concerned.

I believe the following post is not the way to handle this or any issue, in most cases. Accusations have been made on assumption and it may not be true from the customers perspective, or his intent at all. I mean a comment like "pushing a thread to the top" is irrelevant and unnecessary in this case. Sure some may use that tactic but given the short amount of time for the recent activity in this thread, and the direct responses he has made to others, I don't think that could be considered an issue. He really was replying to others comments. I am not going to comment whether they appeared offensive to some or not, which by the way can be very easy to do when one is emotional or adamant about an issue and conveys it in text based medium. You also told him to "not bother complaining". If that just isn't asking for trouble I don't know what is.

"You seem to love posting on the forum, posting screenshots showing these issues and pushing your thread back up to the top BUT we have asked you a few days ago contact us directly and we would send you debug etc.. and get to the bottom of this but you have not yet done so, yet continued to post.

If you actually want help then please work with us otherwise don't bother complaining. "

I hope we can all work through our issues and differences and try and communicate in a more understanding way. I have had some very professional responses from support, not that I have necessarily agreed with them all :-), and a couple have just left me shaking my head.

I truly enjoy using the Radarbox and while I have made some comments and had a couple of issues, I am very hopeful things will get worked out. I also hope it becomes an even more successful product than it already is. It would be great to see some more customers in North America to add more network coverage.

Regards,
Falcon
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 04:44:04 AM by Falcon »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2009, 06:30:51 AM »
And If Allocator or any one is going to ask me a question I am going to respond.

How about responding to my questions then:

Okay, another one shooting in the dark, but have you:
- Setup virus checking exceptions for the RB folders and Virtual Folders (Vista).
- Checked what processes, if any, are consuming lots of CPU when the menus lockup.

Keith L

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2009, 08:00:46 AM »
I suffer from this too (Vista OS).  I've tried disabling anti-virus altogether but that makes no difference.  The only significant CPU consumer seems to be Desktop Window Manager (dwm.exe) which fluctuates between 2 and 5%.  If support want to remote onto my box to have a look around they'd be more than welcome.
7 miles ENE of Luton (EGGW)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2009, 09:56:33 AM »
Keith, get in contact us with via support and we will try and do that.

I am locking this post as the issue has been brought up and we have explained what we are going to do, and the thread since then is drifiting into silly arguments.
[email protected]