anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duplicate Entries In Mylog  (Read 9956 times)

abrad41

Duplicate Entries In Mylog
« on: December 08, 2008, 08:02:26 AM »
Hello and Good Morning

Could anyone shed any light on why I should be getting duplicate entries in mylog.
Just using a couple of examples I have

40080C  G-EMKK Flybe and 401229 G-FBEF also Flybe showing twice in mylog, How is the data sorted when first received - does it check the mode-s code to see if it is already in mylog etc or is it checked some other way to make sure you don't get duplicates.

I try to keep mylog upto date as much as I can, so to get this problem is very annoying, I update mylog manualy and never use the populate feature within mylog.

Cheers

Andy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 04:07:19 PM by abrad41 »

abrad41

Re: Duplicate Entries In Mylog
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 04:08:53 PM »
Hi

I see AirNav support are about, so I am throwing this to the top, for there input on this matter and open to others.

Cheers

Andy

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
They use the Mode-S id as the unique field for that table so not sure how its managed to get two of them in there.

As you say you are manually changing them I think you might have changed something.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

abrad41

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
Thanks AirNav

There is no way I could have changed anything - If it uses the mode-s id as the unique field both entries are showing the same mode-s 401229
The readings at Mode-s/Modescountry/Reg/Airline/aircrafttypelong/small/firsttime/lasttime are all the same on both entries.

If you like I could sent you a copy of mylog file - then you will see it for yourselfs

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 06:44:10 PM »
AirNav

Could this be somthing to do with the Bak files in the same folder, I use SQLite Maestro for updating mylog and when i have finished mylog must be different from the bak file.

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 07:24:05 PM »
They use the Mode-S id as the unique field for that table so not sure how its managed to get two of them in there.
I don't think SQLite effectively enforces the uniqueness of the primary key.

abrad41

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 07:39:35 PM »
Hi tarbat

tarbat, I am editing away from the Airnav software, its only showing me what is in the mylog file, unless some way that is making copy's.

I would like AirNav to have a external edit like sbs - it would be easyer to keep upto date.

What I am trying to do is just to keep mylog file up to date as much as I can, are you telling me the only way to do this, is to stop Rb from picking up the flights and manualy update through the my log window.

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 08:04:54 PM »
Hi

Right I have started with fresh data base - stopped network and hardware flights to update mylog- Question why do some flights show company name like
Flybe- British European then a couple of lines down on another flight show
Untitled(Flybe-British European)

This is a terrable way of trying to keep all records together - is this a bug - has it been noted before.

I shell run this new database for a week or so to see if I get any duplicates

Andy

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 08:26:38 PM »
Hi Andy

This Untitled business is a problem on the GAS database - it's duplicated in Airliners.net too, not just in RB.

I just edit the database from time to time to get rid of them. I wonder if AirNav could intercept and correct them for us?????

Rod
Rod

abrad41

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:36:28 PM »
Thanks
Rod

I now have another problem, after running the first time as above - I updated everything, made sure to save by clicking on another line. Ran the RB again for about 10 mins or so - when I went back to update - everything I had updated the first time I had to do again, it had all be changed back to how it was,  Now this is not good

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
I have just run RB again, for about 3-4 mins.  This time it changed at least 2 records back to how they where at the start.

Can someone tell me what the point of having line's in a database like this

Flybe
Flybe-British European
Untitled(Flybe-British European)

Now if I want to look at all my Flybe records, where do I start, They are not all going to show together are they.

This is a very big issue and need to be sorted, I think who ever is entering the data into gas must be somtimes entering Flybe and then sometimes Flybe European.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »
I don't think SQLite effectively enforces the uniqueness of the primary key.

A primary key, by definition, must be unique.

I suspect the problem here is that SQLite, by default, doesn't treat indexed values as case-insensitive unless they are specifically defined that way.

So, for example, in SBS/BaseStation you can have two different records with ModeS values of, say 40094F and 40094f (where the latter has been populated manually or via a third-party application).

This scenario is known to cause problems in BaseStation, it might well be the same in RadarBox unless indexes have been explicitly defined as case-insensitive.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 09:11:33 PM »
Now if I want to look at all my Flybe records, where do I start, They are not all going to show together are they.

Andy - it's not too big a problem - in Database Explorer, a search for FLYBE IN AC would show them all, and in MyLog, a filter for *FLYBE* would find them all.

I agree it's a pain - I'm sure that you would be welcome to volunteer to be a database administrator for GAS! In the meantime, as I said before, I do the correcting myself - doesn't take too long - I still get time to do the odd outline ;-)

Rod
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:16:49 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
A primary key, by definition, must be unique.

You would have thought so!!  But SQlite doesn't enforce the field length ( http://www.sqlite.org/faq.html#q9 ), or case independence.  So, it's easy to get what appear to be duplicates, by either using upper/lower cases, or leading/trailing spaces.  See previous discussion at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=612.msg4694#msg4694

SQLite Maestro does enforce the field length when editing, but Radarbox doesn't.  Although SQLite Maestro can't enforce the case independence of the primary field.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:30:10 PM by tarbat »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 10:04:12 PM »
So, it's easy to get what appear to be duplicates, by either using upper/lower cases, or leading/trailing spaces.

My point exactly.  Key values that aren't readily distinguishable to the user may still be different in SQL terms and therefore still satisfy a uniqueness constraint.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour