anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smart View  (Read 8412 times)

spotter70

Smart View
« on: August 08, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
Hello Everyone
I have the beta patch installed and all seems okay with my Vista Program helping it along.
My question is this
The Smart View Function ,can someone tell me how this works and what is achieveable before i start messing with it .
Something to do with Airport Activity me thinks but unsure of its purpose,any help much apprieciated
Regards
spotter70

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Smart View
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:31:19 PM »
To use SmartView, enter the airfield code in the box to the right of the "Select Airports" button - say EGCC, then click "Select Airport".  This gives you the weather and sets the QHN if you have the "Auto" box clicked.

For the Fleet Watch section, click on "Setup" and enter your chosen fleet details.  I've got the following in my list:

MANUAL
BAW*
RYN*

Click "Apply Changes"

You will now get a list of your fleet aircraft in the Fleet Watch box.  If you tick the "Show only Fleet Watch Flights on Map" it will do just as it says!

You can also double click on any of the aircraft in your Fleet Watch list and the map will jump to their position (if they are giving full ADS-B position information.

spotter70

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:37:04 PM »
If i setup the Airfield to a local field say EGTO thats about 20miles from me it will give me the weather for that area or is it set for larger municipal airports like EGKK.
Also what is the aim of Fleet watch status ,does it alert me new aircraft to my existing log or only show those flights on the Radar screen.
Apologies for my ignorance in advance
Regards
Spotter70

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:41:47 PM »
If i setup the Airfield to a local field say EGTO thats about 20miles from me it will give me the weather for that area or is it set for larger municipal airports like EGKK.
Also what is the aim of Fleet watch status ,does it alert me new aircraft to my existing log or only show those flights on the Radar screen.
Apologies for my ignorance in advance
Regards
Spotter70

Spotter,

I don't know which airfields are available for weather info, but I presume that there will either have to be a manned met section or an automatic weather recording setup.  Rochester is probably too small, but you could try other airfields like London City or Manston - just type in the ICAO locator and see what happens -you can't break RB by doing this :-)

Having the QNH entered auto set will give you more sensible altitude readouts for aircraft close to the ground, but it's not critical (unless you are flying that is!)

The fleet watch list just lists specific aircraft that you want to keep an eye on.  These are aircraft that are already showing in either your MyFlights or Network lists.  I like to follow British Airways aircraft in the daytime, and by clicking on "Show only Fleet Watch aircraft on map" it removes the "clutter" of all the other aircraft.

Try putting RYR* in the ist to catch all the Ryan Air aircraft, it's amazing how many there are about.  Just give it a try.

I'm not entirely sure why you have to have the MANUAL entry in the Flight Watch Setup window, as I don't really understand the explanation in the window.  Maybe AirNav Support will jump in here and help out?

No apologies needed for the questions, we all have to start somewhere and we never stop learning :-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 09:04:11 PM »
We get weather data from the NOAA so any airport in the world with METAR/TAF information will be shown on Smartview Wx information.

Allocator

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 09:11:55 PM »
We get weather data from the NOAA so any airport in the world with METAR/TAF information will be shown on Smartview Wx information.

Thanks Support.

What is the purpose of the MANUAL entry in the Fleet Watch setup box?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:19:39 PM »
That's for professional users only - this application is being prepared to fly much higher - expect more news in a few months :-)

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 09:30:30 PM »
Ahhhh!

Now you've got my interest - don't suppose that I'll be using that version though!