AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help and Suggestions  (Read 4384 times)

hungryasthesea

Help and Suggestions
« on: March 11, 2018, 09:28:22 AM »
Hi,

Having had a radar box for about 10 years now running 5.00.072 software, the box seems to have stopped picking up any aircraft for the last few days after no problems since I got it. I'm not intereted in 3d effects either.

As its so old, I was thinking of buying a Micro Box to replace it. I only really want to see what is flying near me and not interested in network views but would share the data I get as I do now.

It would be run off an old and getting slow windows 32bit vista laptop with 1gb of RAM and only used for running this but would also like to put it on my Windows 10 64 bit laptop which I use for everyday use and for traveling.

So the questions I have are:-

1 - is the micro box easy to set up?

2 - Will it work on my old vista laptop?

3 - If yes to number 2, I assume I would have to uninstall the Radar box software first

4 - Can I  use it on 2 laptops at different times ?

Unless anyone else has any other suggestions?

Many Thanks

David
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 09:32:05 AM by hungryasthesea »
Hungryasthesea

Runway 31

Re: Help and Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 03:18:14 PM »
Hi David

Yes the micro or any USB stick is easy to set up.  Just install the V6 software http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/ANRB60002Setup.exe and the drivers and as soon as the stick is plugged in it should run straight away.  It will work with Vista no problem.  The stick will have an MCX connector so you will probably need an SMA to MCX pigtail to allow your existing antenna to be used.

You will need to so is to install the drivers specific to the micro http://www.airnavsystems.com/Download/ANRB/Drivers/microRadarbox-Drivers-20150411.exe  If a different stick is used Zadig drivers would be needed http://zadig.akeo.ie/ instead.

Uninstall the existing V5 software and once the automatic uninstallation is complete go in and manually delete all orphan files.  Install V6 to C: Airnav don't use program files location

You can use the stick on two or more computers at different times no problem.  Use the log in details that you used with your original box.  You will need to be connected to the internet the first time you use the stick but there is no need thereafter

Any further queries just ask

Alan
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:23:28 PM by Runway 31 »

hungryasthesea

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 06:29:09 PM »
Thanks Alan,

Sounds straightforward enough

Lets hope I can find my original log on details

Many Thanks again

Daavid
Hungryasthesea

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:41:37 PM »
If you know your PGANRB number contact support and they can advise

Alan

hungryasthesea

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:57:08 PM »
Alan,

Have installed the micro radarbox on to the windows 10 laptop (which has never had radarbox on it) without any problems and everything is working well and getting a better range.

I have tried to install it on my vista laptop and although I'm sure I deleted the old installation plus any files I could find, when it loads up it does not find the microbox and says hardware not connected. I have downloaded the drivers but hey don't appear in the usb device  in the controllers section of the device manager on my laptop.

I have reinstalled everything and retried and still the same, any ideas?

Many Thanks

David
Hungryasthesea

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 07:07:11 PM »
Hi David

There should be a folder marked Micro Radarbox Driver in the Radarbox/Drivers folder.  If its not there use windows search to look for it

Alan

hungryasthesea

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 05:26:58 PM »
Alan,

Yes that folder is in there and I have the micro radarbox file and it seems to install correctly
Windows doesn't offer a prompt to select  the right driver and also it does not appear in Windows Control Panel - Device Manager- USB Controllers - RadarBox - Driver - Update Driver.

I have tried different usb slots on the laptop as well. Each reads a memory stick without any problems

I have raised a ticket this afternoon with support to see if they can help and their very quick reply was
"Sorry but Vista is very old now and its likely the drivers are not compatible."

Thanks for your help

David
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:53:48 PM by hungryasthesea »
Hungryasthesea

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »
Cheers David.  I cant remember anything about the workings  of Vista

Alan

hungryasthesea

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »