anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ongoing pricing info  (Read 27250 times)

Boxfile

Ongoing pricing info
« on: June 17, 2007, 03:50:27 PM »
I note that pricing on most (if not all) Airnav products is moving towards subscription-type pricing. Does this mean that all new purchases of Airnav software is now time-restricted?

The sharing facility in RadarBox is "free" for the first year. Can you give an indication of a likely level of renewal subscription payments? I believe that this information should be given at the outset before inducing new users to purchase.

Presumably the Airnav RadarBox and the software to run this from your home/office will not in any way be subject to renewal pricing?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Ongoing pricing info
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 06:36:45 PM »
This forum is about Radarbox only however will say that new purchases of AirNav software are subscriptions. This is because they all use server data in one way or another, they not all time restricted (e.g Decoder, Suite, Live Traffic)

The price after the first year is $240 ( € 180 or £120 at approx exchange rates). This is mentioned on the order page of AirNav RadarBox.

There is no other charges for product. Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »
The price after the first year is $240 ( € 180 or £120 at approx exchange rates). This is mentioned on the order page of AirNav RadarBox.
What functionality, if any, remains in the product if you don't pay the $240 per year?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 07:33:54 PM »
Only the RadarBox network feature is disabled.
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »
That's good to know.  Thanks.

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Will your software know that a guy 2 houses away from me has a Radar box and there is no point us both uploading the same information? If I am using the software to view the 5 minute delay and I also want to see Live aircraft is that possible? (Split screen or similar) because if not I am going to see the same plane twice.
CHRIS @ ML&S

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 12:05:24 PM »
Hi Piper-pilot

Our server is intelligent and will sort the data it receives, don't worry about that :) If you receive a flight on your RadarBox hardware and this flight information is also available on the data download from the network then your flight information will prevail and  the network data will be ignored. The flights being picked up by your hardware are displayed along with the network flights (you can choose them turn them off)

Hope that helps.
[email protected]

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »
With the latest price hike - and that even before launch - I was wondering what do you get for your money. If I was to buy one and I must not be the only person not that interested in networking, would I still get support and updates to the basic Radarbox functions if I did not pay the next years subscriptions for the networking. If the answer is no then any advantage the radarbox might have over the competition would be wiped out.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »
We were originally selling them at US$799 and there would be no tax extra as the product would be sent from Europe. However our dealers could not sell them at that price as they would have to pay tax in there countries. We wanted to keep the price the same across all dealers and our site and hence had to increase our price to match there tax rate that they would be paying.

This was unforeseen and we apologise.

Only the RadarBox network feature is disabled if you do not purchase the subscription as mentioned before. Updates to software, firmeware are free of charge.

The RadarBox software has huge amount of functionality e.g alerts, reports, ACARS interface, flight routes, advanced filtering that will keep you busy for days that sets the software above the rest. Lastly it has a brilliant user interface, and if your not intrested in that we do have the delayed data in xml for you to create your own apps. Furthermore being produced by a well known Flight Tracking software company you a guaranteed to updates and  further developments.

Hope that helps.

[email protected]

germany611

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 11:22:39 AM »
Will your software know that a guy 2 houses away from me has a Radar box and there is no point us both uploading the same information? If I am using the software to view the 5 minute delay and I also want to see Live aircraft is that possible? (Split screen or similar) because if not I am going to see the same plane twice.

So now is question - how intelligent. I do not wish to have aircraft take off from Munich 4 minutes after I see local traffic which really took off before mine. This is confusing - must I watch my local delayed to see correct order of aircraft ?

;-(

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007, 01:00:16 AM »
You have the option to hide network traffic on the main maps if that is your decision. This way it will work as you describe.

germany611

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »
Ah Ha, so the adavantage of RadarBox against SBS produkt must be hidden ?
What is the point to mixed mode traffic if it is confusing. What is point to buy such a service if you must hide it to get rid of confusion ?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007, 12:42:54 PM »
Hi germany611,

Thats not correct and not sure what you mean by hiding it. You have to understand this feature is very complicated as you can imagine:

1.) If you turn on your RadarBox with the network then yes you will see flights within your reception area which are 5 minute old. (As the system works out you have not tracked these flights before)
2.) However once 5 minutes have passed the system will recgonise that you are tracking the new flights and they won't be displayed after 10 minutes (network data) but only there new position will be shown (outside your reception area) when you lose contact with them.

This feature is a worlds first and already customers are saying great things about it.

If you don't want to see the network flights, you can choose to turn it off.

Hope that helps.

[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 01:02:17 PM »
Hi AirNav,

I think that I might have got my head around the Network verses Live data now.  Let me know if I've got it wrong.

- RadarBox showing live traffic only.  Easy, you see what is being picked up by your own RadarBox

- Network Traffic selected.  Traffic is displayed from the network only, and position is delayed by 5 minutes.  No live traffic from your RadarBox is displayed, however, your live traffic is added to the Network data (am I correct here?)

After 5 minutes, the traffic that your RadarBox picked up when you switched on starts to appear as Network traffic on your display(?)

When your live traffic (but not really live as it is now showing as Network traffic delayed by 5 minutes) flies out of your coverage area, it still appears on your display because somebody else is picking it up now and feeding the data to the Network (hopefully).

Am I getting close?

not quite sure where the 10 minutes comes in?

All the best

Allocator

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2007, 01:20:36 PM »
Hi Allocator,

Sorry but thats not right as well :) Ok maybe I need some screen shots to explain. In this case of having network selected this is what happens:

If you receive a flight on your RadarBox hardware and this flight information is also available on the data download from the network then your flight information will prevail and  the network data will be ignored. The flights being picked up by your hardware are displayed along with the network flights (you can choose them turn them off)

Therefore if you just start your RadarBox & network and view your local area which also covered by another RadarBox network you will also see network flights which are 5 minutes old. You will also be picking up local antenna flights.

Important part:

E.g you antenna picks up a departing BAW079 flight and you watch it untill it dissapears out of range. That flight won't appear to departing again in 5 minutes (using the network data) but will only appear where you lost contact with it or further away if there is another RadarBox on the network who can still see it.

I hope thats cleared up the mystery now :)
[email protected]