anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download  (Read 105356 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download
« on: August 07, 2007, 02:26:57 AM »
Hi All

Finally we have the first beta of Patch 1 available for download.

We now need your help for feedback and problem reporting / correction.

It is very important that you follow the instructions below. This beta should be used by experienced computer users only. It requires a little bit of knowledge to understand some steps. So if you are a computer "expert" wait a few more days for the final release. You are completely responsible for properly do the steps below including the firmware upgrade. The upgrade steps are not automated now.

1- This is a beta version. Errors will still be present and we need your feedback to correct them. We have added MANY new features including the brand new SmartView. They are new so they may have errors. Keep your suggestions and reports coming.

2- Known issues with beta: sometimes hardware disconnects are still happening (although less frequently than before). We are waiting for the hardware developer to send us a revised version of the HW/SW interface which should happen in 1 week (minimum).

3- Corrections/Changes/Additions:

- Added: Mode-S Altitude
- Added: Squawk Codes
- Added: automatic retrieval of mode-s data from Gatwick Aviation Society extensive database
- Corrected: Unable to receive more than 100 msgs/sec (now tested with up to 2000/sec with success)
- Corrected: ACARS Decoder DDE Link
- Corrected: Double clicking on flight not showing correct position on map
- Corrected: Email Reports not working
- Corrected: Without internet connection RadarBox acts weirdly and crashes
- Corrected: Trimming some of the Flight IDs
- Corrected: Myflight interface, selecting aircraft and it not moving the selected aircraft
- Corrected: Reporter - Save file saves as gif file (which is an image file)
- Corrected: Mylog reporting network flights as well
- Corrected: Your account expired or not subscribed to network message when network down
- Added: Trails with user defined time limit
- Added: Distinguish Network flights betters, such as a asterisk next to the tag (user defined)
- Added: Local time choice for mylog
- Added: Selectable font for aircraft     
- Added: Timeout flights to seconds as well as minutes
- Added: Bearing and distance to Aircraft (user defined home bearing)
- Added: Refresh rate changeable so easier for slow or quick pcs
- Added: Zoom with wheel mouse and increased zoom for outlines of ground maps
- Added: Preferences Window Transitional Altitude linked with pressure
- Added: Automatic QNH download and decoding from METAR reports
- Added: Polar Propagation/Range Diagram
- Corrected: Invalid index out of limits messages in elf files;
- Corrected: Setup without internet solved;
- Corrected: All flights with status unknown when downloaded from the net;
- Corrected: Priority of network over local flights corrected;
- Corrected: External Url open on default browser not always on IE;
- Corrected: Show all filters in network and myflights
- Corrected: Intermitent Trails problem corrected;
- Corrected: Unscheduled Network disconnections
- Added: 2 aircraft photos shown at each time
- Corrected: menu items checked unabled to see
- Added: Hidign showing RB flights by filter on map
- Added: SmartView Feature
- Corrected: After reordering the my flights list, double clicking on a flight does not show the correct flight
- Corrected: With the network on and downloading pictures on as well, in busy periods the software was having CPU usage and became unusable.

4- Download Instructions:
a) Download the beta files from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrb11beta0.zip

b) Extract all these files to your RadarBox root folder (usually "c:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007"). Overwrite the existing files.

c) First you need to do the firmware upgrade. Be sure the RadarBox HW is properly connected to your computer and that the RadarBox 2007 software is closed. Run the 1.01.0.exe file. A DOS prompt will appear. Click "Page UP". The new firmware will be uploaded to the box. After it finishes click ESC.

d) Now run ANRB.exe. This is the new RadarBox 2007 executable. The first time you use it loading could take some time (not more than 15 secs - this is because of database upgrades).

Welcome to Version 1.1!

Please reply to this forum with comments and suggestions and again, THIS IS A BETA, so expect to find some problems.

prbflight

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2007 - Patch 1 BETA Available for Download
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 02:51:52 AM »
I have just downloaded the patch and installed as per your instructions.  When I double click ANRB.exe I get the following message pop up...

LOADER ERROR

The procedure enty point_framedecod@20 could not be located in the dynamic link library crc

Please advise how to proceed.  Thanks

Paul

prbflight

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 02:58:04 AM »
Ok I figured it out...

Double click on Anlv.exe

not as per your instructions of clicking on ANRB.exe

Now I'm up and running and off to test this new patch!

I'll keep you posted on things I find.

Paul

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 03:39:34 AM »
Yes we made an error on the uploaded file but we already uploaded a new one. In you case you should delete ANRB.exe and rename ANLV.exe to ANRB.exe. Other users will not need to do this since the zip file already has the correct names.

prbflight

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 04:06:42 AM »
Yes we made an error on the uploaded file but we already uploaded a new one. In you case you should delete ANRB.exe and rename ANLV.exe to ANRB.exe. Other users will not need to do this since the zip file already has the correct names.

Okay thanks for the quick reply.  I have renamed the file.  Do you want beta bug's posted to this thread?  I have a few already.

Paul

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:20:44 AM »
You can post them here and we will build a list to start working on all of them.

prbflight

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 04:31:32 AM »
1) still can not send e-mail.  I get the following message...

"could not connect to SMTP server to send auto-report"

2) In the RadarBox menu drop down when I click on Acars I get Smartview
                                                                            MyLog = Acars
                                                                            Alerts  = MyLog
                                                                            Reporter = Alerts

3) My local time is still off by one hour in the bottom pane of the program.  Example it now say 'Local Time: 23:22 Ontario' but it is actually 00:22 Ontario.

However I must say that what I've seen so far is very impressive!

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:41:41 AM »
Hi there,

Just uploaded the patch and all looks good.

Only snags so far.
Preferences
Seconds to remove trail
Starts with a 1 in the box - if you use the down arrow it increments in 500 units (e.g. 1/500/1001/1501 etc). Manual insertion of a figure, e.g. 60 then sets sequence using arrows down as 60/560/1060 etc.

Also would it be possible to have the trail the same colour as the aircraft symbol at the time rather than the poor mauve colour. If not the aircraft colour then at least user selectable (present color is too similar to background colours of airways lines).

Notice still no ability o change the orientation of the screen from standard North and the annoying lines shoing a line o origin and destination appear to come up just by putting cursor near the aircraft symbol rather than making a definate request for the information.

Finally for now, are there any instructions how to use Smart View so that I can see if it does what it should.

Mike

Are there any instructions

Roadrunner

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
Another problem just became apparent.

I did another download of the patch to load to my main PC (original one to my laptop which is where I intend to use it mainly). I want to check that it is OK on the main PC as I have a large 23 inch monitor so wanted to see how it all works on that. However, each time I try this upload of the firmware I get the following error

Exception 0correct:  - #2 Device not found ...x

Any ideas please.

Mike

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 09:02:37 AM »
Hi there,

Also would it be possible to have the trail the same colour as the aircraft symbol at the time rather than the poor mauve colour. If not the aircraft colour then at least user selectable (present color is too similar to background colours of airways lines).

Finally for now, are there any instructions how to use Smart View so that I can see if it does what it should.

Mike

Mike,

You can change the colour of the trail using the File/Preferences/Map Colour options.

Flight Trail is the colour you will see normally on the map

Active Flight Trail is the colour you will see when you pass the mouse pointer over the aircraft.

To keep these colours as an option next time you run RB, you must use the "Export" button (poor choice of words?) at the bottom right to save the colour scheme to a name of your choice - I use "My Colours" and this then becomes available in the Colour Scheme dropdown box in the menu bar.

To use SmartView, enter the airfield code in the box to the right of the "Select Airports" button - say EGCC, then click "Select Airport".  This gives you the weather and sets the QHN if you have the "Auto" box clicked.

For the Fleet Watch section, click on "Setup" and enter your chosen fleet details.  I've got the following in my list:

MANUAL
BAW*
RYN*

Click "Apply Changes"

You will now get a list of your fleet aircraft in the Fleet Watch box.  If you tick the "Show only Fleet Watch Flights on Map" it will do just as it says!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 09:09:05 AM by Allocator »

Allocator

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 09:05:54 AM »

I did another download of the patch to load to my main PC (original one to my laptop which is where I intend to use it mainly). I want to check that it is OK on the main PC as I have a large 23 inch monitor so wanted to see how it all works on that. However, each time I try this upload of the firmware I get the following error

Any ideas please.

Mike

You will have already updated the firmware in RadarBox - this updates the chip in the RB itself.  You only need to replace the crc.dll, FTD2XX.dll and ARNB.exe files on your destop PC.  You can't apply the same firmware patch to the RB twice.

Roadrunner

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 09:21:36 AM »

Any ideas please.

Mike

You will have already updated the firmware in RadarBox - this updates the chip in the RB itself.  You only need to replace the crc.dll, FTD2XX.dll and ARNB.exe files on your destop PC.  You can't apply the same firmware patch to the RB twice.

Sorry - just realised what I did - I did not connect RB to my main PC before trying the update. Have now connected it to the main PVC and just run the ANRB.exe and all is OK

Roadrunner

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 09:24:27 AM »
Have just sent an email using radar box to aaks@,dave@gif and prb@ (have not included your full emails for obvious reasons but you should know who I mean). I also sent the report to myself and have got it. This is just a test to see if it is working when sent to other people.

Please let me know the result.

Mike

Roadrunner

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 09:30:24 AM »
My computer is set to BST yet the "local" time on radar box is GMT now 10:30 showing 09:30.

Allocator

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 09:37:31 AM »
My computer is set to BST yet the "local" time on radar box is GMT now 10:30 showing 09:30.

Not sure I understand the question :-)

GMT and UTC are the same, one hour behind BST at the moment.  So, my PC shows 10:36 in the menu bar at the bottom right, and RB shows 09:36 UTC which is correct.