anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Problem installing airnav radarbox in vista 64 bit  (Read 14478 times)

dca

Problem installing airnav radarbox in vista 64 bit
« on: October 25, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »
Has anyone out there been able to install ANRB in a vista 64 bit operating system? I have been trying for 3 days now without success & am very frustrated!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 12:42:45 PM by AirNav Support »
9 nm south of LGW

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Problem installing airnav radarbox in vista 64 bit
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 09:27:15 AM »
Did you follow the previous instructions exactly?  What error message(s) do you get?  Have you installed KB932596 - see http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/801196.htm.  Have you tried using F8 at bootup to disable driver signing security?

1. Open an elevated CMD prompt (hit Start, type CMD in the search box, and then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter to run CMD as an admin).

2. Type: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
(Note: That’s DDISABLE — with two Ds — for “Driver Disable.”)

3. Driver signing should be disabled after you reboot.  So you'll probably have to re-install the drivers after re-booting.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 09:31:17 AM by tarbat »

dca

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
Thanks again for your interest in helping me.
I followed the instructions yesterday with no success. This morning I have...
Hit F8 at boot up but nothing seems to happen (it doesn't give me the option either- do I need to go into another area first eg F11?)
I have also tried running bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS as admin but I get the attached message...
When I ran this yesterday it seemed to work ok but had seemingly no impact on my ANRB.
9 nm south of LGW

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 10:31:22 AM »
You've left a couple of spaces out in the command you entered.  It should be
bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

But note that if you've installed KB932596, then the above command won't work.  You didn't say if you've installed KB932596?

And what does the "Unregistered Version" mean on your jpeg?

Your best bet to get this working is the F8 at bootup.  Hitting F8 at the right time during bootup should give you a list of options. one of which is to disable the driver signing check.

I wouldn't really recommend 64-bit Vista for a home user - it just presents too many problems for the home user.  I recommend it's use to my clients in big corporates/banks/etc., but it's not really suitable for home use because there are so many unsigned drivers out there.

dca

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 10:44:41 AM »
I wish the staff at PC world were trained to give such advice! I really don't know if I have installed KB932596. How do I find out please?
The unregistered version refers to the 'Gadwin Print Screen' I installed yesterday to send you the screen shots- I use a registered version for work.
I'm going to try the F8 option again & see if I can get the options up.
I presume you cannot change from Vista 64 bit once you have it, for example could I install XP on this PC?
9 nm south of LGW

dca

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 10:55:46 AM »
F8 has solved the problem! You are a star, thank you so much.
Will I have to do that on all start ups now?
Thanks again, Dave
9 nm south of LGW

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »
Yes, you'll have to press F8 on every bootup :(

If you can get the bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS command working, then you won't have to press F8 at every bootup, unless you've got KB932596 installed :(

To see if KB932596 is installed, look in Windows Update and look at your update history.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 12:47:52 PM »
Windows 64bit is an extreme pain and its causing lots of problems for hardware with unsigned drivers.

Furthermore Microsoft have snuck in this signature required with SP3 for XP!

We hope to have a signed version ready soon and apologise for any inconvenience.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 06:23:21 PM »
Hi Tarbat, is Vista a 64-bit only OS or does it come in a 32-bit format.   My wife's laptop (our only PC, until I rebuild my desk-top again) an Acer Gemstone 5920 with dual core Intel T7300 running at 2 GHz - are we likely to have the same problem?   My desk-top is Athlon XP2000 which will be running Win ME or XP, so I assume no problems likely?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:26:10 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

CanadaKen

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 07:58:28 PM »
When you buy Vista Ultimate I believe you get both 32 & 64 bit versions.

CK
Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »
CoastGuardJon , Vista comes in 32-bit, and runs Radarbox great - it's what I'm using.

drskeptical

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2008, 08:29:37 AM »
Yep, I can confirm that. I have just bought Vista Ultimate, you get 2 cd's one for 32bit & one for 64bit. I am using 32bit and no problems with Airnav radar box.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2008, 01:30:50 PM »
Thanks CK, tarbat and Andy.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Falcon

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 01:27:32 AM »
Windows 64bit is an extreme pain and its causing lots of problems for hardware with unsigned drivers.

Furthermore Microsoft have snuck in this signature required with SP3 for XP!

We hope to have a signed version ready soon and apologise for any inconvenience.

Hi,

I am loading the Radarbox software on my new Windows Vista 64 bit system and it's asking for signed drivers.

I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening as surely there must be 64 bit signed drivers in the Radarbox installation by now, as the issue I am quoting is from October of last year. It's way past the "ready soon" as quoted above, so what am I doing wrong?

I await the solution as I am really looking forward to getting Radarbox running on my new computer.

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 04:46:42 AM by Falcon »

dca

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 09:21:01 AM »
Hi,

Frustratingly, the way I have to get round this every time I start up my PC with 64bit Vista is to press F8 on start up and then when presented with a list of options scroll down and select 'disable driver signature enforcement'. Then, when launching ANRB I right click on the icon and select 'run as administrator'.
It runs fine then but it shouldn't be that complicated! Hopefully a solution will be found as promised.
9 nm south of LGW