AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum at 6pm  (Read 4748 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Forum at 6pm
« on: September 23, 2008, 05:58:40 PM »
Apologies to those who visited the forum at around 6pm UK Time. You would have seen posts from a user trying to impersonate us on the forum creating a mess.

We have blocked the user and IP address. We have been under a deluge lately of support tickets etc.. from a unknown source who is determined to cause us a pain in the backside.

We believe it to be from one of our competitors who seems to be resorting to desperate measures to keep up with us.

If any get through the net please notify us. Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 07:11:07 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Forum at 6pm
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »
Further to the above post we have been informed the user also PM a few other members using the id "AirNavSupport" (without the gap between Nav and Support. Just to reiterate this was not from AirNav Systems.

Following on we have seen the PMs that he/she sent and we confirm he was either a Kinetic customer or someone close to Kinetic such as an employee.

If you have received any of the nuisance PMs from the user please forward them to support. We will be gathering evidence to have the user tracked and his ISP ban him.
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:58:09 PM »
Just been trying to have a poke around on the SBS Forum site - it would appear their server is totally down - that will probably be blamed on AN retaliating for the above.............?

I'm so glad I found this Forum and members before I lash out and buy a Box, I'd've been choked if I'd bought the competitor - response in here from AN Support and contributors.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:02:52 PM »
We don't need to retailaite, this childish display earlier shows they are desperate.
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »
I agree with you 100%, I was just trying to be ironic!   Should've used one of these smiley thingies - just done a download of Trial version - I'm hooked.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 08:11:07 PM »
Well done Airnav for handling this so well.  As someone who received one of these horrible, abusive, messages, I applaud Airnav in dealing with this so quickly and professionally.

Terry

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:32 PM »
I too took a look,but like CoastGuardJon could not get into it, or Bones site,well as they say," desperate times call for desperate measures",but i hope their users come onto this forum and see how low these people will go,and i hope they protest with their feet,because they won`t be listened to over there.Keep up the good work AirNav.