AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hello to you all  (Read 11065 times)

abrad41

Hello to you all
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:25:52 PM »
Hello to you all in the Air Nav forum.

I have been a member of this forum since May this year, but never been on here to much upto now.
I have owned a SBS-1 for the past year, but have always thought about the Air Nav.
Over the last 3 - 4 months I have got fed up with backup from Kinetic & ML&S, I have read on here about people who think the same as I do.  So I have made up my mind, In about 2 -3 weeks time I will be getting a Air Nav Radarbox and selling the sbs-1.  I finish my holiday on the 5th Oct, so shortly after this I will be getting one.

I hope this forum is better than the other one, I am sorry to say there is some nasty people on there and of course there is the good ones too.

I just hope when I get the unit you good people out there will give me some help, so I look forward to speaking to a few of you in later months.

Cheers

Andy

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Hello to you all
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:34:18 PM »
Andy,

You will always be welcome here and all the users will want to offer you advice :-)

I'm an ex-SBS-1 user too, I'm also "Allocator" on the other forum although Bones keeps deleting my posts.  It's nothing nasty as I know he doesn't like us to talk about RadarBox there and I just like to have a bit of fun with him!

You can ask any questions and you can talk about your SBS-1 too, although RadarBox is by far the better Mode S Box and the software is way ahead of BaseStation.

I've got my RadarBox FTP upload running at the moment, so you might like to take a look:

http://www.ruyton.demon.co.uk/html/airnav_radarbox.html

Remember that there are no silly questions and we all have to learn, so ask anything you like :-)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 07:36:34 PM »
Hi Andy

I've never owned an SBS-1, so all I can say is that the folk on the forum are great, RB is great, and AirNav's support and development are great.

The system is under active development, and suggestions are well received.

Buy it - I'm sure you won't regret it!

Rod
Rod

abrad41

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
Allocator - Thanks very much

Don't now if you remember I PM you a few days ago on the other side.

Its Andy From Norfolk

Cheers

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:39:05 PM »
Welcome Andy, I am sure you won't regret the move across :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Terry

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 07:44:08 PM »
Hi Andy,
I too am an ex SBS user,my unit after buying the RB its in its box gathering dust,like you say,no back up from Kinetic etc,etc,Its a different world on here,the people are very,very helpful and AirNav LISTEN to their users and take on board what they say AND ACT on it.You will never look back when you get your RB,its way,way ahead of the dust gatherer.

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 07:49:28 PM »
Allocator - Thanks very much

Don't now if you remember I PM you a few days ago on the other side.

Its Andy From Norfolk

Cheers

Andy, yes, I remember now!  I though that "handle" looked familiar - looks like my sales pitch worked then :-)

I've repositioned my FTP over your part of the world again, so you can make do with this until you get your box - give it 5 minutes to "catch up".

All the best

Allocator

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 08:31:26 PM »
All we can say from the development is welcome! As usual we will do our best for you to enjoy your AirNav experience.

AirNav Systems has now over 30 thousand customers all over the world and we are in the flight tracking software business for more than 10 years. Our software is being used by thousands of enthusiasts, airlines and airports all over the world I'm sure you will like it.

Any question/comment/suggestion/report you may have just email our support at [email protected] or send a message to this forum.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 08:47:29 PM »
Hi Allocator, as you already know, I'm now heading this way at Christmas time - bearing in mind, your home location as shown on the screenshot, how do you manage to get these other location centres - off the network?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Allocator

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 09:13:12 PM »
Hi Allocator, as you already know, I'm now heading this way at Christmas time - bearing in mind, your home location as shown on the screenshot, how do you manage to get these other location centres - off the network?

The RadarBox map covers the whole world and you can drag the map to any part of the world.  I can see "live" traffic out to about 180 miles and the remainder is shared Network traffic from other RadarBox users.

The FTP upload provided by RadarBox 2009 is just a 60 second screen shot of my map, which is only part of the RB user interface.  I've zoomed out my FTP upload now and gone to spherical map projection - the globe - so you can see what I mean.  At this zoom, aircraft appear as a green dot without a label.  Give it 5 minutes again to load, then take a look at the FTP upload.

http://www.ruyton.demon.co.uk/html/airnav_radarbox.html

I can zoom in to any of these areas to see the detail.  It's also easy to save pre-set map views, but I just line to zoom out, then zoom in using the one map.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:17:02 PM by Allocator »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »
Once again, many thanks - what a superb system (does the SBS have a similar facility - no, I'm not wavering, just curious), the open-minded attitude helpful answers from AN and all the Forum contributors has already won me over.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

abrad41

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2008, 09:24:04 PM »
Hi

Thank you for all your comments, Its made me feel really welcome and I will be chatting to you shorlty,

Thank you again

Andy

Allocator

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »
Once again, many thanks - what a superb system (does the SBS have a similar facility - no, I'm not wavering, just curious), the open-minded attitude helpful answers from AN and all the Forum contributors has already won me over.

You can position the SBS-1 map anywhere in the world, but you won't see anything other than traffic picked up by your antenna - so out to a maximum of about 150 to 200 miles.  The SBS-1 was sold with the promise of MapModeS, a data sharing network facility and it fact, some of their advertising paperwork still shows this.  However, in the 2 years I've owned an SBS-1, Kinetic have failed to deliver.  The last promise was in July 2007, but still no SBS-1 network.  It's the RadarBox Network that sets it apart - it's the only network available to "hobby" users like us.

You can access SBS-1 data using PlanePlotter with data shared by SBS-1 users from users with PlanePlotter.  PlanePlotter is a cracking little program, but it doesn't give you all the "bells and whistles" that you get built into the RB interface. 

abrad41

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »
Allocator

Did I read you can download the software for the RB and use in demo mode, if so where will I find it

Cheers

Allocator

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 09:43:31 PM »
Here you go.  It's the Full Download that you want, not the upgrade.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

This is the direct link to the install file:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/anrb20setup.exe