AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vista - Will not run  (Read 5083 times)

chassi

Vista - Will not run
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:45:01 PM »
Help....Earlier this week I purchased Radar Box...installed it on my old XP machine &

it runs ok on Live & Network data although a bit slow when going through the menu's.

Today I tried it on my Vista Home premium PC 2.4gHZ dual core (had previously installed

the 2009 software & DEMO mode ran ok)...I installed the drivers...AirNav shows ok in

Device Manager (Universal Serial Bus Controllers - The device is working ok). Start the

software...put in User Name & Password...hit the start button & get a box saying AirNav

wants details of my location...enter details, hit OK & nothing happens....At the bottom left

of the AirNav screen, there is a YELLOW box labelled HARDWARE:CHECKING & to the  

right of that is a RED box label led NETWORK:NOT CONNECTED

...The latter would be correct as I have not got to setting the menu's up.....It seems as if

the hardware is not being seen.....

The hardware box just show a single green led, the blue was blinking once per sec prior

to driver install but now nothing...Antenna as provided is connected...Any ideas guys...

Am I allowed only a single install...I have 3 PC's & was hoping to have Airnav installed

on all 3 (Only using one at a time)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Vista - Will not run
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »
You can install it on as many computers you like but it will only run if the RadarBox hardware is attached.

Try installing it again, but change the location its installing it to in your virtual store.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

chassi

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »
Tks yr quick response...I  have already tried putting the software in a different location

namely,

C:\AirNav Systems ( saw something about problems with virtual store in a previous

post re slow running) but I still have the same problem

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
I installed the drivers...AirNav shows ok in Device Manager (Universal Serial Bus Controllers - The device is working ok).

That doesn't sound right.  It should show as AirNav Radarbox

Try installing drivers again.

chassi

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:59 PM »
Tarbat....Perhaps I have confused things in trying to be brief.....
In Device Manger the box shows exactly as you have said...I meant that I installed
the software to a location other than program files.
Right...I have managed to get it working by deleting everything.
I installed v2.0 software to C:\AirNav Systems (keeping it out of program files).
I then installed the drivers off of the supplied CD in the box...Previously I was
installing them from the driver folder created when v2.0 set-up was run..It now
appears to be working ok.
Will now try the exercise all again on my laptop which has Vista (Ugh)...Tks  for
comments

testmonkey

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 09:24:55 PM »
I've had some strange issues with Vista which may be connected to the RB.

I generally leave my box on when I can and a couple of times recently I've gone to my laptop in the morning and tried to browse the web but IE just flashes up briefly before dissapearing. If I restart the Desktop Window Manager service IE starts working again. Today I had a similar issue in that all Office applications stopped working. If I tried to start one or double clicked on an associated file I got a message saying that 'This process only works for installed applications'. I eventually had to re-install Office (XP Pro) to resolve the issue.

Prior to v2.0 RB locked up occasionally but that was it. The problems have only started since V2.0 was installed and seem to happen when RB has been left running for >12 hours but not everytime. At this point I can't guarantee that it is the RB software which is causing the issue but I've not made any other modifications to my system (including updates / drivers) since it was installed. There may be another process on my machine that starts running at some point when the unit is on which is conflicting in some way and corrupting some files.

For info it's a Clevo M570RU based laptop, Intel T7700 2.4GHz dual core, 4GB ram (3 used) running Vista Ultimate SP1. Working in IT I know it's hard to pin down exactly what may be behind the problems but I've never had any other issues like this except for when V2.0 is running.

Just posting for your info at this stage in case something comes to light, you can think of anything or anyone else has experienced similar issues. I'll keep digging and let you know if I find anything conclusive.

Cheers
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)

chassi

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 10:48:53 AM »
Right, this time tried my laptop which is running Vista Home Premium. I had previously

installed v2.0 software & DEMO mode ran fine.....Put my User ID & Password in &

RadarBox ran straight away.There I was laying in bed, could hear a few aircraft overhead

& could watch them on the laptop...Brilliant....Something strange with my desktop

which would not do this, although I managed to get it working in the end.

What adds more enjoyment is to have ATC audio on my faithful Signal R535 Airband

receiver & to be able to watch aircraft respond to ATC instructions.

It illustrates the pressure that the controllers work under...Nice to listen & watch with

absolutely no responsibility

duke

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 12:33:31 PM »
look Chassi, i haved the same problem than you..

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1136.msg8620#msg8620

chassi

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
Problem finally sorted....Found that I was able to run the box ok if I logged into Vista
under either of two other logins that I have setup...Mine would not work...AirNav Support
advised to right click on the AirNav desktop icon & select "Run as Administrator"..Tried this
& it works...Have to do it every time though...I hate Vista...give me XP any day.
Must give full marks to AirNav support though....I mailed them Sunday pm & got a
very quick response with the fix