anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UBC800XLT Scanner.  (Read 47552 times)

puddy

• Puddy's Homepage
Re: UBC800XLT Scanner.
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »
I have a AOR AR8200 mk3

I have had the mk1 & mk3 version, parts are easy to get hold of and aor uk take care off repairs if needed I have never had to try it mine works ok since day 1

Make sure the scanner you buy has no blanked freq and that it offers the 8.33khz spacing

puddy
Radar Box & AOR8200 mk3 scanner
South Lincolnshire near Boston (UK)

colinhall

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:05 AM »
Morning Puddy,  have got my scanner of E Bay now, got the bearcat 3500. Hopefully it will arrive today.As you say I hope its ok on all frq!!Got it for 130.00 and there 199099 new. Up to 10 years ago I lived at spalding!     Colin.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 04:29:42 PM »
Colin,

Nearly bought a Bearcat 3500 at AeroExpo on Sunday - price was GBP 165.  I just couldn't quite come up with an excuse (OK, who heeds an excuse!) so I'll be interested to see how you get on with it.

I have the UBC72XLT for the Close Call, but it doesn't cover mil UHF.

colinhall

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 05:40:27 AM »
Morning Allocator, as soon as I receive the scanner I shall put it to good use so I will let you know the outcome. Colin.

EMA

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 06:07:45 PM »
The 3500 is a nightmare to program without using a PC, also if you live in a built up area you may suffer breakthrough when connecting it to an external antenna.

Good luck!

colinhall

« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 04:48:09 AM »
Thanks for that one EMA. No one told me anything like otherwise I might of thought twice about it. Anyway we will try and do something with it, got to otherwise will kill me!!.Of cause when I receive it the task will begin, when?? its been over a week since I paid for it and its not arrived yet. If its not in post today a certain person will be getting a rude E-Mail!!!    Colin.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 06:52:57 AM »
Use bctools to program - it's free.   See http://www.bctool.org/

EMA

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 07:33:29 AM »
Hi Colin

I echo what Tarbat says providing you have the programming cable BCTools is the best way to program the 3500. I only use mine when I visit airfields and it is one of the best handhelds I have owned and I have had a few in my time ;-)

colinhall

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 12:47:02 PM »
Roadrunner,     Have just received my bearcat3500, there are no cd,pc cables and no instructions.Downloaded the 21 pages of instructions and I haven,t got a clue with them, not in my type of english. Been told it is easier to program it on the pc??. So any ideas on that please?Any plain ideas would be greatly appriecitated. Thanks     Colin.

EMA

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 09:28:59 PM »
Roadrunner,     Have just received my bearcat3500, there are no cd,pc cables and no instructions.Downloaded the 21 pages of instructions and I haven,t got a clue with them, not in my type of english. Been told it is easier to program it on the pc??. So any ideas on that please?Any plain ideas would be greatly appriecitated. Thanks     Colin.

It is a pain to program maually but you can try this

http://marksscanners.com/3500/3500.shtml

Or buy a cable and download BCTool from the net.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 07:47:15 AM »
Colin,
I agree with EMA. I would not attempt to use without the PC program to help. Apart from anything else you will need a program as that is the only way I could get it to show the 8.33 mhz frequencies. I actually paid for the Butel program as at the time I did not know of the free BCTools one :-(

Having said that, once programmed it is a fantastic piece of kit and I don't go far without mine. From my location I using the standard aerial I get two-way conversations with the tower at Luton (7nm away but with houses and hills between).

Keep trying it will be worth the effort.

Mike

colinhall

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 08:00:28 AM »
Thanks for that Roadrunner. Have ordered the cable from E-bay so should be with me in 3-5 days then I will start the task.!! Will keep you informed of progress all be it a bit slow of cause. Colin.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 08:04:27 AM »
I'd agree with others - without bctools, these radios are really hard to program.

colinhall

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 03:14:32 PM »
Thanks for that Tarbat. Think I will send it recorded post for you to do it for me!!!  Have told you im not to good with pc,s. This looks like a long job coming up!!!! Anyway will try my best when the cable arrives.It sounds that it will be very good when we go to any air shows. That is why I got it.Have downloaded Bc tools on to my pc so it will be attempted . Thanks all. Colin,.

MrT

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2009, 06:34:11 AM »
I have 2 scanners (plus a Sangean ATS 909 SW that I use on SSB for HF).

Those being an old Uniden Bearcat XLT200 & my new Uniden BCD396T.

I still prefer the old 200 as it is way easier to operate. The new one is a sod to program and learn.

Sadly though the battery on the 200 has died and I am having trouble finding a replacement. Uniden don't make them anymore. :(

If anyone knows where I can find a new battery, that'd be great.

I need a complete new case/unit not just new nicads as I butchered the old one beyond repair when trying to hotwire it to a power pack.

Cheers,

Paul.