anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How do I use the FTP upload feature?  (Read 56164 times)

drskeptical

Re: How do I use the FTP upload feature?
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 06:50:45 PM »
Hi
Well, after a long learning curve I think I have the mechanics of the site working.
Of course I had to splash the cash and order a Cpanel hosting site. So  you can take a look here if you want,    http://www.amsnw.myzen.co.uk/

I have a few things to sort out, redirection to the domain instead of the above url. I will do that this evening.

Does any one know if there are restrictions on using the audio from the aircraft / ground and posting on my web site? or will I need a licence ?

Andy

Looking good Andy :-)

Regarding the aircraft/ground audio, I think that it might be better to leave that one as you might be making a trouble for yourself and drawing some unwanted attention to Mode S receivers in general.

Whilst I can't remember the exact wording, you are only entitled to lisen to radio transmissions that are meant for you - so that's all the normal BBC, Local Radio, public service, amateur radio type transmissions.  Transmission to and from aircraft are not meant for you and so you are not supposed to listen to them.  You can take the pilots RT exam which will allow you to use a radio when you are flying as a pilot, but not to give you permission to listen as an individual.  If you put the radio on a website, then you are completely outside the regulations.

I know that the authorities generally turn a blind eye to spotters and their scanners, in theory they could take them all and fine the users.

I know that there are websites with ATC radio feeds, but you will notice that these do not include UK ATC - different rules for different countries!

Hi Allocator
Yes thanks for that. I had forgot that they only turn a blind eye to us listening in to airband. As you say they might get up one morning and decide to enforce the law.
Any way I have the site working now I am just waiting a few hours for the domain name to start up.
Thanks again for your advice.

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 10:41:45 AM »
Hi People.

I used for more than ono whole year to streaming live radarbox screen capture and live Control Tower talking from SBGR.

Now with this nice RadaBox FTP feature I changed from live ecreen capture to FTPed gif.

The visitor can choose what he wants to listen to clicking in choosen airport.
No streaming audio take place till clicking ono button.

http://www.maquinasvoadoras.com.br/radar.html

cheers.  Juan

drskeptical

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2008, 03:40:07 PM »
Hi People.

I used for more than ono whole year to streaming live radarbox screen capture and live Control Tower talking from SBGR.

Now with this nice RadaBox FTP feature I changed from live ecreen capture to FTPed gif.

The visitor can choose what he wants to listen to clicking in choosen airport.
No streaming audio take place till clicking ono button.

http://www.maquinasvoadoras.com.br/radar.html

cheers.  Juan

Hi Juan

Nice site, that is what I had in mind but the audio will have to take a back seat due to legal reasons here in UK. Dramatic background!

AirNav Team

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
Topic set as a "sticky" due to the current discussion on FTP uploads.