anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Planeplotter  (Read 7762 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Planeplotter
« on: August 30, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
Note to Airnav support.  You might want to update the Planeplotter FAQ thread to use port 7879 output instead of recorder.  http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=644.msg4868

I'd recommend Planeplotter to anyone.  You can even position the Planeplotter screen to substitute for the main Radarbox screen, and then switch between the two for viewing live data in ANRB, and shared data in Planeplotter.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Planeplotter
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:09:48 PM »
Tarbat - for the uninitiated like me, could you please explain what PlanePlotter gives us that RB doesn't?

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 02:21:43 PM »
Rod, I can tell you what I use Planeplotter for alongside ANRB.

1. To get almost live, real-time shared network flights from other SBS-1 and Radarbox (5-min delay) users.  In my experience, there's a larger population of SBS-1 users sharing live real-time data on Planeplotter than currently on the Radarbox network in the UK.

2. To feed into FD6 (Flight Display) to get routes for all those flights that ANRB can't currently get.

Planeplotter has lots of other uses.  For example, it can feed into Google Earth to give a live "pilots-eye" view of an aircraft.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 02:36:12 PM by tarbat »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »
Looks great and we will implement it for next RadarBox version.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 02:56:40 PM »
Thanks Tarbat - there's a lot to digest there - I'll give it a try when I come back from my next holiday - a narrowboat with no computers in sight - and I don't want to waste any of the 21 days free trial!

Rod
Rod

CanadaKen

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »
Plus Bev's support of PlanePlotter and all his other software is superb!!!!

CK

Monitoring on Canada's "Left" coast

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 06:00:21 PM »
Agreed about Bev's support - superb!

And wouldn't it be great if Airnav developed an OLE/COM interface to Planeplotter so we could display all the aircraft known to Planeplotter in Radarbox.

All they'd need is a GetPlaneCount() followed by a series of GetPlaneData(long index, short parm) calls to retrieve all aircraft in Planeplotter.  See example script attached.

Then match the ModeS codes to those already in the network list, and include them on the Network tab.

Finally, make use of the Planeplotter OLE/COM interface within ANRB dependent on a current Network subscription, and you'd have the benefit of:
- Not undermining your Network subscription charge
- Making the Network subscription charge even better value for money by including shared data from SBS-1 users sharing in Planeplotter.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:22:28 PM by tarbat »